Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48839 03/17/05 05:26 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Boys, you are going to be honored to represent a fine young man named Tyler Graebner. It has been agreed upon to demonstrate Tag Team Wrestling for Tyler in front of thousands of fans in the Kansas Topeka Expo Center during Kids State next weekend, March 26, 2005. Here are the details:

The Tag team Wrestling will happen Saturday afternoon. The Group needs to be ready by 1:30 pm.

I need to know who is coming to wrestle before Thursday, March 24, 4:00 PM. You can call me on my cell phone at 316-841-5814. I also need brief bios of each wrestler. And if you need a pass let me know.

Fellows, as your tag team commissioner, I expect all out tag team wrestling, this is a huge stage and to have the opportunity to do this is incredible. Our state is doing this in honor of Tyler, now let's come through and get the best of the best for the demonstration. I don't know of Shane Koranda or Steve Herman are going to be at state, but guys, we need some officials if you are there, if not, we will find some but when giving the display, lets stick to those that know the new and upcoming sport the best.

Also, If you guys need a pass to get in, email or call me to let me know. Last thing. If any of you need a place to stay Friday night, let me know. I have a suite in Topeka and I will find a way to at the very least make floor space, of course that will take place after receiving your families visa or master/card to pay for any damages you may do the room that is listed in my name.

None of us can thank the state committee enough for this, they are taking a chance because Tyler Graebner is such a great kid and has done so much for wrestling. All of you who have participated in the past, know what this is all about. It is why I am honored to know you, each of you have given so much back to the sport, now let's all make this exhibition all it needs to be to let others know of our appreciation for Tyler Graebner.

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48840 03/17/05 05:36 PM
Computerized Shoes Offline
I will be there!

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48841 03/17/05 05:57 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Great that you will be there. Another idea, is possibly if some of the guys can't make it to recruit some of the guys there for the Senior Classic the night before. Guys line up the teams and if there are problems filling your team, let me know if you need help. You have actually been able to do this pretty good on your own. But man, with the classic there the night before, there should be some great seniors available to fill empty spots.

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48842 03/17/05 06:12 PM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
we will get denis there as well, I will let you know about Kreutzer but Denis is a for sure.

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48843 03/17/05 06:35 PM
S
Steve D Herman Offline
S
I would to be one of the officials

Steve Herman

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48844 03/17/05 11:37 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
You know I'll be there.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48845 03/18/05 01:30 AM
321a_140 Offline
Are you still going to be our towel/blood boy?

Do something...act stupid.
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48846 03/18/05 02:07 AM
W
wrestlingcat10 Offline
W
id love to do this but would some wrestling teams have weight advantages?

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48847 03/18/05 05:33 AM
Shane Koranda Offline
I will do everything within my power to be there!!! I'll find it a thrill to be able to "teach" the Great Steve Herman the ropes of reffing this extremely difficult style of wrestling

Email me Steve, Mike or any of you "veteran" Tag-teamers...maybe just to carpool or to iron out the rules so I'm not having to "wing it so much" infront of a packed house...

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48848 03/18/05 06:00 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I think I got the rules down pretty well.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48849 03/18/05 12:04 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Shane, Herman reffed the match at Derby so you are both the "official, Officials" with of course Shane being the “veteran” official. Now as to a couple of things and a paste from the other thread with the rules. Both officials and wrestlers need to review the rules, and of course realize there are no rules when it comes to the officials disagreeing other than work it out however you both see fit. This is a special provisional rule used only in special "big matches" where we have two officials. Remember, however you can work it out, work it out, just keep the wrestling real, or at least as real as possible.

I have people emailing me wanting to form teams, be on teams, all kinds of things about teams. As of right now, I am stating that the teams have to be as close to the original teams as possible, this gives respect to the originators, with persons participating at Buhler given first option, and individuals at Derby given second option. After that I would encourage using individuals who are not in the Kids State tournament. We don't need anyone getting hurt, or loosing focus of what they are there for. I strongly recommend and encourage that high quality, state qualifier wrestlers be given options of participation after that. Remember there is the Senior Classic the night before, imagine a possible Cornejo Vs. Grateer 3 via tag team. We will stick to the 3 man tag team concept, although I think down the road we may consider a 3 man and a 2 man tag team tournament to see how it works. I like the 3 man though because of chains and innovative tags that can come about. I think that each tag team leader should be responsible for your own team, although you might want to check with each other to make sure you don’t go after the same person. Also, Shane, you and Steve get together. My main thing guys, is that not only is this fun, but it is real. That is what has made it so successful. I keep hearing about the match at Derby and how great technique was used and the kids were so into it especially the overtime. Remember this is for Tyler and we want to put on the best wrestling and show possible for those that are there.

There are some guidelines that will help, now to the rules as were posted on another thread.

The tag team that all has been reading about will happen at state. Here are some of the details.

The Tag team Wrestling will happen Saturday afternoon. The Group needs to be ready by 1:30 pm.

I felt it good to list the rules and encourage people to attend. These High School Champions are giving their time on behalf of Tyler because they realize what all he has done for our state. It is an opportunity to talk about Tyler and give a demonstration of how wrestling can be fun, yet, serious at the same time. Those seeing the demonstration in the past have had nothing but positive things to say. Positive as to the wrestling that takes place and the fun that is involved. The style that was developed for Tyler is not only competitive, but it is also a great training tool and you will see why at state. Here are things to look out for and the rules.

• Notice how wrestlers will use their positioning on the mat to gain an advantage.
  • Notice how wrestlers will try to take advantage of the other wrestlers weaknesses.
  • Notice how that exceptional wrestlers can still have fun and wrestle hard.

Now the rules:

• Standard High School Federation Rules with the following differences.
  • There shall be no fleeing the mat if getting away from your opponent is being done in order to make a tag. Stalling will be called otherwise and points awarded accordingly.
  • A tag can be made at any time during the match but the wrestler being tagged has to have both feet outside of the circle.
  • Tags can be made on any whistle stoppage.
  • Once a tag is made, the wrestler being tagged is the live wrestler.
  • If a tag is made in the course of live action and the tagged wrestler covers his/her opponent while his teammate is in a down position. A 2-point reversal will be awarded. If the person in control releases the person and goes to their feet to a point of neutrality once a tag has been made a 1-point escape shall be awarded.
  • In the event of overtime, a 1-minute period shall be wrestled starting in the point of neutrality. The period shall be wrestled in its entirety unless a pin occurs.
  • Period durations are as follows. The 1st period starts on feet, and is 2 minutes. 2nd period, wrestlers are given choice and 1 1/2 minutes. 3rd period 1 1/2 minutes wrestlers choice.

None of us can thank the state committee enough for this, they are allowing this because Tyler Graebner is such a great kid and has done so much for wrestling. All of you who have participated in the past, know what this is all about. This will be an incredibly fun event that I hope that many of you can attend. Again, thanks to the state committee and those involved in seeing to it that this gets to take place.

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48850 03/18/05 09:15 PM
Computerized Shoes Offline
I think I might need a place to stay. Not sure yet though.

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48851 03/20/05 03:12 AM
M
Michael Malay Offline
M
whos wrestling in this

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48852 03/20/05 04:07 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Whoever wants too...might need some backups. I live about an hour away, but might crash on a floor somewhere in Topeka.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48853 03/20/05 03:39 PM
M
Michael Malay Offline
M
can u do it if u r participating in the feterated tournament also.

Re: Tag Team for Tyler to Debut at Kansas Kids State, 2005 #48854 03/20/05 10:45 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I would say probably, but that would be your call and you would be in it as an exhibition.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 310 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)