Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51897 03/30/05 02:07 PM
C
Coach Luedke Offline OP
OP Offline
C
We are interested in starting a tournament here in Dodge City. Our conference does not not have league meet so we were thinking about having it the weekend before regionals or in December. If we had it in December I thought that we would have a takedown format. If the date was set in Feb. we would have a regular tourney format. This idea is in the planing stages and what I need is some feedback to see if any coaches are interested. In either case it would be an all classifaction tourney 1A-6A. IS ANYONE INTERESTED? If so let me know in this thread so I can contact you.

Thanks,

Coach Luedke

Re: Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51898 03/30/05 04:21 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I think the idea sounds great, but I would make it a regular tournament regardless. I think if advertised well enough you can bring in some teams from nearby states thanks in part to Dodge's location.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51899 04/07/05 01:20 PM
C
Coach Luedke Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have recieved some interest but so far not enough to get things rolling fast. Does Anybody have any more suggestions?

Coach Luedke

Re: Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51900 04/07/05 01:26 PM
coachtwink Offline
What exactly is "Takedown format"? I have never heard of this in regards to a High School Wrestling Tourney.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn- and most do.
Re: Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51901 04/07/05 01:28 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I know they do it in college sometimes. It's a specialized tournament if I remember correctly you get 1 point for a takedown although there are ways to score more points (taking opponent to the back etc. You typically restart after a takedown if I'm correct.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Dodge City High School Wrestling Tournament #51902 04/07/05 03:27 PM
C
Coach Luedke Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The takedown format I was thinking of using is this....3 periods consisting of 1 min...........we would go best out of five takedowns....so if a wrestler scored three takedowns in a match he would win the match. If the three takedowns happened in the first period the match would be over, wrestling would be terminated. Now there would still be a chance to get a fall but only if you took your opponent down from feet to back and placed him in danger of a fall...the ref would then let you try to secure that fall unless time ran out. Team scoring would be similar to a regular tournament. However, this is just an idea, if people wanted a regular tournament then that is what we would do. This is just a "feeler" thread for suggestions or teams that would be interested in coming to Dodge City for a tournament. I would like to get a tournament out here and would like to showcase some great wrestling from all states including Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska. I would like for this thing to be a huge show....pitting big schools verses small schools. We have great facilities out here...and the hotel space to pull off something big like this. But of course we will have to start out small and build it up. I would like to at least start with a 16 team tournament. Like I said just ideas and looking for anybody interested.

Coach Luedke

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 234 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,953
Posts250,389
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)