Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Metro Results #55124 03/09/05 04:36 AM
usawks1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Kansas 16 - Missouri 35.

I will have a full report in the morning.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Metro Results #55125 03/09/05 11:32 AM
kck_kat Offline
There was some exceptional wrestling at the Classic this year, but the refereeing would not be descibed in that fashion. If the ref from MO was the ref of the year, then I think all of us KS folks should take up a collection for a MO ref training program. When a ref refuses to shake a wrestlers hand because he didn't like the way a match went, then he should be removed from high school wrestling altogether. I was dumbfounded! In the same match, the wrestler from MO refused to shake hands with his KS opponent or the KS coaches. He packed up soon after his match and walked out of the arena. What lesson did all of the younger wrestlers learn from this match? Then there is the whole "oh my shoulder is hurt" match. The MO wrestler, and I'm trying not to name names here, went down with what looked like a rotator cuff injury. We all felt very badly for him. He decided to continue and as soon as he was down on the mat in a precarious position, he sceamed and they stopped the match again. As soon as the KS wrestler got up, the MO wrestler popped up like nothing was wrong, rolled his shoulder, and was ready to wrestle again. I think this young competitor may have cried wolf in a very obvious way because he was looking at a loss. He was booed VERY loudly and repeatedly. He ended up wininng by one point because his KS opponent did go for the easy mark and crank that shoulder. Both of these matches were very sad displays that I can't remember seeing at the Metro in the past. Let's pick coaches, teams, and refs that want to represent the BEST of both states, not just the best wrestling. A big well done to Corey Bloodgood! You stepped up your game! Keaton Baker's match was a pleasure to watch also! And one more thing.....Congrats to Andreas on your scholarship. You're a great kid and a great wrestler! Do well at Med. school and in life!

Re: Metro Results #55126 03/09/05 12:28 PM
kck_kat Offline
Sorry, I meant to say DIDN'T go for the easy mark. In fact, he went the other way trying not to hurt the MO wrestler, and perhaps that wrestler's college hopes!

Re: Metro Results #55127 03/09/05 01:29 PM
KCWrestlersMom Offline
I thought Ross Starcher wrestled an excellent match and kept his composure quite well when the rest of us had a hard time keeping ours. It's too bad such a good match on his part had to be negated by such a display of theatrics and poor sportsmanship on the part of his opponent. Good job, Ross!

Re: Metro Results #55128 03/09/05 01:41 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
"He was booed VERY loudly and repeatedly."

I guess Rule 52 wasn't in effect?

Re: Metro Results #55129 03/09/05 01:48 PM
24/7 Offline
Here are the detailed results:

Missouri 35 Kansas 16 MO/KAN Classic
13th ANNUAL METRO CLASSIC
at Kansas City Kansas Community College

MISSOURI 35,
KANSAS 16

112: Cory Bloodgood, Spring Hill, maj. dec. Craig Honeywell, Oak Grove, 17-5.
119: Keaton Baker, Blue Valley, pin Matt Groepel, Raymore-Peculiar, 4:30.
125: Michael Dunkum, Platte County, dec. Grant Baker, Blue Valley, 5-2.
130: Caleb Hulse, Turner, dec. Trent Wilczek, Liberty, 2-1.
135: Matt Breit, Raymore-Peculiar, maj. dec. Kenny Aubrey, Shawnee Mission South, 12-0.
140: William Forrest, Raymore-Peculiar, dec. Max Connelly, Santa Fe Trail, 7-4.
145: Tyler Grayson, Winnetonka, dec. Cody Sprang, Atchison Co. Comm., 9-4.
152: Cameron Harms, Blue Springs, dec. Travis Eden, Santa Fe Trail, 3-1.
160: Brandon Simpson, Richmond, dec. Ross Starcher, Tonganoxie, 9-5.
171: Michael Moore, Oak Grove, dec. Ryan Sonderegger, Shawnee Mission East, 5-1.
171: Louis Caputo, Blue Springs, dec. Blake Malloy, Shawnee Heights, 5-0.
189: Taylor Moore, Oak Grove, dec. Neil Cisper, St. Thomas Aquinas, 8-4.
189: Sean Miller, Park Hill, dec. Tyler Gonzales, Shawnee Heights, 2-1.
215: Doug Thompson, Turner, dec. Mark Ellis, Raymore-Peculiar, 13-12.
HVY: Jaron Baston, Blue Springs, maj. dec. Brad Rittinghouse, Bonner Springs, 19-8.

SlamBam

Re: Metro Results #55130 03/09/05 01:49 PM
FudgeTunnel Offline
Brandon Simpson had surgery on that shoulder last year, midway through the season. This is why he did not go to Fargo last summer and he re-injured that shoulder at the beginning of this season. He was NEVER, at any point, in danger of losing that match. He did not win by 1 point, the score was 9-5. You should know what you're talking about before start typing.

I did not see the ref NOT shake Thompson's hand, but I take your word for it. Maybe he was upset that the KS ref awarded Thompson the reversal CLEARLY after time had expired and that the KS ref would not listen to him when he tried to explain it......or perhaps he was miffed because Ellis was not awarded the nearfall he SHOULD have received when he had Thompson in the headlock just before the "non" reversal. Perhaps he was just embarrassed to be reffing w/ that idiot from KS.

It's so funny to hear KS people cry about officiating. Kansas - the state that has perfected the art of stalling. Give me a break.

You are pathetic.

"If there's time on the clock, there's time to stall"
Re: Metro Results #55131 03/09/05 02:01 PM
wrestler17105 Offline
how about you stay in hickville there fudgepacker i don't apreciate you knocking our style of wrestling when every MO kid i've wrestled has faked an injury at some time or another. that seems to be the only way that they can win. so all of you just quit your crying and stop knocking our style when yours is just to make the KS guy feel bad for you.

Everyone needs an inspiration like Tyler. He fought harder than anyone ever has on a wrestling mat and it was for his life.
Re: Metro Results #55132 03/09/05 02:21 PM
FudgeTunnel Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by wrestler17105:
how about you stay in hickville there fudgepacker i don't apreciate you knocking our style of wrestling when every MO kid i've wrestled has faked an injury at some time or another. that seems to be the only way that they can win. so all of you just quit your crying and stop knocking our style when yours is just to make the KS guy feel bad for you.
Now THAT'S funny. Hickville...from a Kansan. Oh boy.

Say "hi" to you sister/wife from all of us Missourians.

Re: Metro Results #55133 03/09/05 02:54 PM
G
gutwrench1 Offline
G
Congratulations to all of the Kansas Seniors who participated in the Metro Classic and the coaching staff. Sorry that you were a takedown or two away from wins, especially from 160-189, but you wrestled your butts off and hung in those matches against nationally ranked kids, HS All-Americas. Some of those upper weights were probably the best MO has ever put up against Team KS. Now you know what you need to work on to beat opponents like these at Senior Nationals. Good work, you're closer than you think to becoming All-Americas. Thanks for making it an entertaining dual.

Re: Metro Results #55134 03/09/05 03:16 PM
wrestler17105 Offline
you know that would be funny if i actually had a sister. so you get back to you cousin ok now just shut up and get of of a KANSAS WRESTLING site.

Everyone needs an inspiration like Tyler. He fought harder than anyone ever has on a wrestling mat and it was for his life.
Re: Metro Results #55135 03/09/05 03:32 PM
FudgeTunnel Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by wrestler17105:
you know that would be funny if i actually had a sister. so you get back to you cousin ok now just shut up and get of of a KANSAS WRESTLING site.
Nice grammar. I guess we shouldn't expect much from a Kansas high school education. I'm sure you'll enjoy a long career in the custodial engineering services or the fast-food preparation arts.

Re: Metro Results #55136 03/09/05 04:12 PM
K
kcfan Offline
K
Quote:
Originally posted by kck_kat:
There was some exceptional wrestling at the Classic this year, but the refereeing would not be descibed in that fashion. If the ref from MO was the ref of the year, then I think all of us KS folks should take up a collection for a MO ref training program. When a ref refuses to shake a wrestlers hand because he didn't like the way a match went, then he should be removed from high school wrestling altogether. I was dumbfounded! In the same match, the wrestler from MO refused to shake hands with his KS opponent or the KS coaches. He packed up soon after his match and walked out of the arena. What lesson did all of the younger wrestlers learn from this match? Then there is the whole "oh my shoulder is hurt" match. The MO wrestler, and I'm trying not to name names here, went down with what looked like a rotator cuff injury. We all felt very badly for him. He decided to continue and as soon as he was down on the mat in a precarious position, he sceamed and they stopped the match again. As soon as the KS wrestler got up, the MO wrestler popped up like nothing was wrong, rolled his shoulder, and was ready to wrestle again. I think this young competitor may have cried wolf in a very obvious way because he was looking at a loss. He was booed VERY loudly and repeatedly. He ended up wininng by one point because his KS opponent did go for the easy mark and crank that shoulder. Both of these matches were very sad displays that I can't remember seeing at the Metro in the past. Let's pick coaches, teams, and refs that want to represent the BEST of both states, not just the best wrestling. A big well done to Corey Bloodgood! You stepped up your game! Keaton Baker's match was a pleasure to watch also! And one more thing.....Congrats to Andreas on your scholarship. You're a great kid and a great wrestler! Do well at Med. school and in life!

Re: Metro Results #55137 03/09/05 04:14 PM
K
kcfan Offline
K
I agree with one point in your post, there was some exceptional wrestling. As for the rest, I was dumbfounded after reading it. As a MO fan I feel the kids we had represented our state just fine. As far as how a kid reacts after losing a close match (especially one he feels he should have one) I try to give them a LITTLE slack in how they react immediately following the match. The same goes for the KS wrestler that won when he made the obscene gesture to the MO fans after getting his hand raised in a match that he got thoroughly dominated in. That was a sad display which I’m sure the KS fans didn’t see since his back was to them.

But to suggest that we not pick our best wrestlers and spend time training our refs, I have some suggestions for you. Its not the refs that have dominated this event for the last three years and I know the MO coaches spent a lot of time picking the wrestlers because many of the weights, there were as many as 4 or 5 other wrestlers in the METRO that were just as capable of winning as the ones that were picked and I don’t see this changing the next couple of years with kids like Grahams and Bailey following.

But as long as you’re taking a collection for ref training, I think many fans would gladly accept it after what we see every year at our state tournament.

I would like to congratulate all wrestlers on both sides of the state line. Just being selected to this team is a great accomplishment, win or lose.

Re: Metro Results #55138 03/09/05 05:58 PM
R
Retro672 Offline
R
Tunnel of fudge,
I would also like to know why you are talking on this site. i mean come on now, i know you are trying to defend MO but come on you people use injury time like a whore on the corner... thats pathetic, simpson is a great wrestler.. ill give that to him, but on the other hand the only time he did stop the match was when he was getting turned, and therefore to be a good wrestler but to win off injurytime, "is pathetic". Oh and one more thing, your 215 lost... and how he handled the loss was i think a disgrace to Missouri, is that how you guys wrestle in missouri? if it is then "you are Pathetic". and directed to you Tunnel... nobody likes you... nobody, because you are pathetic

Blank stare
Re: Metro Results #55139 03/09/05 06:06 PM
FudgeTunnel Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Retro672:
nobody likes you... nobody, because you are pathetic
:(

Re: Metro Results #55140 03/09/05 06:18 PM
B
blitzkrieg Offline
B
In regards to the 160 match where the kid's shoulder was hurt. If in fact this kid's shoulder was operated on and it was that tender during a tough match. Why then did he accept a match that means little to his career? If he had an operation and they had to stop the match not once but twice, why did the MO coaches allow him to continue. By the looks of the team scores they had nothing to gain by allowing him to continue. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Someone made a poor decision on the MO team.

Re: Metro Results #55141 03/09/05 06:26 PM
T
TRAVIUS.com Offline
T
One thing I did notice was that win or loss all the Kansas Kids shook hands with the Missouri coaches... I dont remember the same being true for Missouri.

Honestly I walked into the Classic knowin that Kansas would be beat and honestly it was alot closer than the score reflected. Several kids kids who lost really let the tempo of the match especially Gonzales. He was moving non-stop from bottom. It was a great afternoon and alot of great wrestling. (I didnt proof this so excuse this mistakes we cant all be perfect)

Its not over yet...
Re: Metro Results #55142 03/09/05 06:27 PM
T
TRAVIUS.com Offline
T
The Missouri coaches were about to pull him off the match.. when he heard this he shook his head no and started jumping up and now and rotating his arm... after that point he arm didnt hurt anymore.... INTERESTING

Its not over yet...
Re: Metro Results #55143 03/09/05 06:31 PM
Mike Juby Offline
For the fifth consecutive year, Randy Hinderliter has submitted a complete report on the action at the Metro Classic. Go to http://www.usawks.com/HighSchool/MetroClassic05.htm to read all about this year's action.

Thanks, Randy!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 306 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,968
Posts250,406
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)