Originally Posted By: dwelsh
Regarding OW - I agree that Detmer was very impressive. Maybe it has something to do with the credentials of his opponent? And, it is OW for the TOURNEY, not the whole season (he has pinned all?! WOW!).

Nothing against Mr. Fisher (I'm quite confident that either one of them could pin me in 30 seconds with one arm tied behind their backs), but it seems as if Mr. Caldwell might be a 'tougher' opponent that Mr. Fisher?

Your thoughts Renegade?

This discussion is not meant to disparage Mitch Arnold. Mitch earned a fantastic win in the finals and is having another great season. However, Fisher is definitely in the same quartile as Caldwell. Having Tapia in the bracket also made 152 much tougher than 145. Secondly, pinning your way through it vs. a one-point win doesn't seem to compare. Kendric Maple could have also won OW with the way he beat a 3X Champion in the semis on his way to beating a State runner-up by 10 points. That was actually the biggest WOW of the tournament.

This tournament provided Kansas with some great discussion! Elliott/Koehn, Keller/McCormick, Deshazer/Tanenbaum, Means/Livengood, Nelson/Houlden and Rosenhamer/Brown..... In all, a tournament to remember for a long time. It makes you dream about a Grand State!

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 01/06/08 12:42 PM.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12