Earlier this week, I accepted an offer to become the next principal at TMP-Marian in Hays, KS. This move of course brings an end to my run as a wrestling coach. I also won't have the time needed to monitor the boards as much as I used to so the task of Big Brother will fall sqaurely on the shoulders of Coach Karjala. I have also taken great pride in being a member of the KWCA board as the academic chairman for the past five years.

Over the past 12 years I have made many great friends while coaching the greatest sport in the world at Tonganoxie and most recently Eudora. Hopefully, our enrollment improves and I will get the chance to see some of my friends in Salina. If not, I look forward to helping out at the state tournament in Hays, America. There is not enough time nor space to thank and include everyone who has made an impact on me as a coach and as a person over the years. There are many great Kaw Valley and Frontier League coaches that have become great friends (and opponents) and I will miss competing against your great teams.

I do want to personally thank Coach Doug Moore for being one of the greatest mentors and friends that a young coach could ever ask for. To all of you veteran coaches out there, never hesitate to encourage or share your wisdom with some of the young coaches in our state. Our programs need good young coaches and you never know what an encouraging word from someone who has been there might do for a young man that wonders what he has gotten himself in to!

Of course I'll still be around, just not as much as I used to be and oh yeah, some other sucker is going to have to do the rankings!!

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan