Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Chase] #158552 02/01/10 10:03 PM
B
bjorgomom Offline
B
I have been watching my sons wrestle since they were in 2nd grade and I have never felt more compelled to write on this forum than I do now. My son wrestled Moeder this week-end and the video that I have shows a clear hit with the fist to his head before the whistle was even blown. I would be more than happy to share my video and I would in turn like to see any video that shows my son being dirty. Right before he was hit, my son was called a vulgar name and the ref told Moeder to watch his language. I understand that emotions can run high, but what happened was entirely uncalled for. We knew from the beginning it was going to be a tuff match for Lukas to win. One of the reasons we believe this sport is so great is because it teaches these young men how to win and lose graciously. This match was going to be no exception. I have a hard time understanding why a wrestler, who is clearly winning, would need to act in such a questionable manner. That was certainly no way that we intended to win a match. There are obviously some biased people, but I wonder how you would have felt had it been your own son?

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: bjorgomom] #158554 02/01/10 10:15 PM
K
KCwrestling Offline
K
I have no dog in this fight.From what I saw with the video that has been posted it looked like a bad call.It looked like Moeder was anticipated the whistle for the restart and it didn't come.

From what I saw if anything it should have been a point deduction not a DQ. I have seen a lot worse with crossfaces and when legs are in and someone is working for a turn.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: KCwrestling] #158556 02/01/10 10:22 PM
103goingon275 Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3AkmS2ytwI that is my own run in with flagrant misconduct, being however, on the receiving end...just for comparision sake. I dont see anything from Taylor that warrants FM, but i wasn't there.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: 103goingon275] #158559 02/01/10 10:39 PM
M
momofawrestler Offline
M
I don't know much about the rules of wrestling, so I don't know if the call was accurate or not. What I can tell you is when I was leaving the school after the tournament - the BV team was in the hall with the BV coach (the one who talked with the ref during the match) along with another gentleman - they both were talking about how "great" it was that St. Jame's did not go home with a trophy. The other gentleman also told the coach "good job" on getting it done. I told both gentleman how inappropriate and disgraceful their behavior was. I am not the only person who heard them discussing this. In my opinion, its a cheap way to win.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: momofawrestler] #158560 02/01/10 10:42 PM
J
Jco Offline
J
Tate Omli is undefeated and beat a tough kid a The Beliot tournament

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: bjorgomom] #158563 02/01/10 11:30 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I had heard that the ref told the SJA coach that moeder said a bad word after the stalemate call. So I specifically looked for the ref talking to Moeder after the stalemate. I do not see ANYTHING to suggest that the ref is giving Moeder ANY sort of warning or talking to, about such an instance. I personally believe the ref made that up to make his call look more justified. I know Mr. Moeder is done with this, and won't respond, but I would like to know exactly what the opposing wrestler was doing underneath prior to the stalemate, that caused Moeder to lose his composure. I have watched Taylor for years and years, and have NEVER seen him act like what we refer to as a "punk". Something pushed his button, and he made a mistake by overreactin. But the overreaction did NOT justify an ejection. I also want to add that my son has wrestled one of the Bjorgo boys, and had no problems with sportsmanship, and I have never seen them act like punks either. But something happened between these two otherwise fine young men, and it got blown way out of proportion by a referee. I would like to see your angle of video also. I would say to post it and let people judge for themselves. Hate to beat a dead horse, but like someone said earlier, the refs need to learn something from this.

As for the person that heard the talking in the hallway after the tourney, if that happened, you need to take ALL of the people that heard it, and talk to the administration of the coaches involved.

Last edited by doug747; 02/01/10 11:35 PM.
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: doug747] #158565 02/01/10 11:38 PM
D
Defref Offline
D
It is getting hard to figure out why anyone would coach or officiate this sport.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: doug747] #158566 02/01/10 11:41 PM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
These are both good kids from good families - let the thread go back to who is undefeated - no one is going to win from this being discussed any further - too much emotion.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Defref] #158567 02/01/10 11:47 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Everything that has happened this year has been because of the official(s)... I guess in this no fault society it's never their own fault, so we find a scapegoat.

I understand it is a high intensity sport and we are all so passionate but it goes back to the old saying, "Make it clear who the winner is, don't put yourself in a situation to let the ref decide for you"

**Disclosure** My comments are not about the Moeder match, but general overall feelings from comments made throughout this wrestling season.

Alex

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: John Johnson] #158568 02/01/10 11:47 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
You are right, the thread got HIGHJACKED!!!

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #158570 02/01/10 11:52 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
For once, I agree with you.

I have a large amount of respect for most officials. The ones that let the wrestlers decide the match.

I have a large amount of disdane for officials that try to make themselves a part of the show, or have personal vendettas that they reveal on the mat. Or those that can't admit when they do make a mistake.

Officials are like any profession. YOu have the 90% of them that do their jobs admirably, and 10% that give them all a bad name.

Plain and simple, the ref decided that match. Moeder roughed the guy up a little bit, and the ref overreacted. Moeder has admitted he made a mistake. Has the ref?

Last edited by doug747; 02/01/10 11:54 PM.
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Defref] #158571 02/02/10 12:00 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Defref
It is getting hard to figure out why anyone would coach or officiate this sport.

~ Good men are bound by conscience and liberated by accountability. -Wes Fessler

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Chief Renegade] #158580 02/02/10 12:57 AM
S
Svo69 Offline
S
Although Taylor Moeder may not have handled the ref's decision in an exemplary manner, I'd like to suggest that Taylor's dad, did!

Bad Decision. Maybe. I was not there.

Was Taylor or his dad, justified in Taylor's reaction: Perhaps. I was not there.

But, from Taylor's dad's posts....I like what I have read: He (presumably, Taylor's dad) did not necessarily agree with the ref's decision...but he (Taylor's dad) was, at least, equally critically of his son's "reaction" to a perceived, "bad call"

I'd submit...who among us... has not been there...???

While I have never had the privilege of parenting an "elite" wrestler...I admire Taylor's dad in his reaction to a perceived "raw deal" for his son.... (not that I'm saying that it was a "raw deal", mind you)

But I was left with the impression that although young Moeder, may have gotten a "bad break"...his (Taylor Moeder's) reaction to this decision, was not the reaction that his parents (at least his dad) intended to inculcate into their son.

I'm not only looking for young Taylor to ascend the podium in the state finals, but I'm pulling for him...

Mr. Moeder: although I've read your various posts in the last few years....I have become a fan of your son... good luck

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: momofawrestler] #158584 02/02/10 01:22 AM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: momofawrestler
I can tell you is when I was leaving the school after the tournament - the BV team was in the hall with the BV coach (the one who talked with the ref during the match) along with another gentleman - they both were talking about how "great" it was that St. Jame's did not go home with a trophy. The other gentleman also told the coach "good job" on getting it done. I told both gentleman how inappropriate and disgraceful their behavior was. I am not the only person who heard them discussing this. In my opinion, its a cheap way to win.

What is wrong with a Parent being excited that their Team, beating another Good Team? I am sure congratulations to the coach were deserved. Nothing wrong or disgaceful about it.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/02/10 01:23 AM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: KCwrestling] #158588 02/02/10 02:18 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: KCwrestling
I have no dog in this fight.From what I saw with the video that has been posted it looked like a bad call.It looked like Moeder was anticipated the whistle for the restart and it didn't come.

From what I saw if anything it should have been a point deduction not a DQ. I have seen a lot worse with crossfaces and when legs are in and someone is working for a turn.

Agreed exactly (anticipating the whistle).

The crossface at around 54 second mark was a hard one.
But, we don't want to pu--ify our sport.

Moder is aggressive, non-stop action. That is why he is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch.

Great post and attitude to the Moders.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: bjorgomom] #158589 02/02/10 02:25 AM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: bjorgomom
I have been watching my sons wrestle since they were in 2nd grade and I have never felt more compelled to write on this forum than I do now. My son wrestled Moeder this week-end and the video that I have shows a clear hit with the fist to his head before the whistle was even blown. I would be more than happy to share my video and I would in turn like to see any video that shows my son being dirty. Right before he was hit, my son was called a vulgar name and the ref told Moeder to watch his language. I understand that emotions can run high, but what happened was entirely uncalled for. We knew from the beginning it was going to be a tuff match for Lukas to win. One of the reasons we believe this sport is so great is because it teaches these young men how to win and lose graciously. This match was going to be no exception. I have a hard time understanding why a wrestler, who is clearly winning, would need to act in such a questionable manner. That was certainly no way that we intended to win a match. There are obviously some biased people, but I wonder how you would have felt had it been your own son?

Bring that video on! It was a cupped hand. It was a false start and at most unnessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct. It is a combat sport and it is rough. Your coach tabled the official and plead for a FM. That is cs in my book!

You know it is a rough sport and I am sure your kid has been called worse by his brother. I know what was said and there was NO warning or discussion by the official, per his account of the event. If you believe the penalty fit the situation you are part of the further pussification of America and the tragic emasculation of young men.

If you have never wrestled you will not be able to comprehend the emotion and energy that surges through your body during a match. If Ryne was losing a match 10-3 I wouldn't want him to win no matter what (unless he came back and out scored his opponent) but especially in this situation. No gift wins.

Beeson, BV finished tied for third because of the points they received from this win and because SJA was stripped of Moeder's points which would have put them in 2nd place. I do think it is disgraceful to gloat over a win or trophy that was NOT earned.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/02/10 03:04 AM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Cokeley] #158591 02/02/10 02:45 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Amen Brother Will! Bring it on. Good post.

Email me and let me know what 'cs' means would ya? As in, 'that is cs in my book'.

Thanks.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Dean Welsh] #158592 02/02/10 02:47 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Oh, never mind. I just figured it out.

Does it have to do with a certain kind of bird that lays eggs and what comes out of it rear end? Yeah, I bet it does.

Aren't you glad I'm teaching the youth of America!?

;-)

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: Beeson] #158593 02/02/10 02:48 AM
J
June Bug Offline
J
Trust me Beeson. You of all people would want to "stroke" this coach with a right. . . or a left. . or the hand that you love best. . if you knew how cheezy he was.

Re: undefeated wrestlers? [Re: June Bug] #158595 02/02/10 02:57 AM
M
Matt Jones Offline
M
I won't comment on the call, I wasn't there and don't have a stake. I do firmly believe that wrestling is a tough sport and is supposed to be physical. Ref's in the KC area call uneccesary roughness more than those out west. Big wrestling states such as Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio and NJ would laugh at some of the pansy calls made around here.

Matt Jones

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 292 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,958
Posts250,396
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)