Great to hear from you too, Chief. Miss seeing you around on Saturdays...luckily I've been able to catch a bit of wrestling up here from time to time. The benefits of having a D-1 team compete within a 10 minute walk of where you live! Also had a chance to meet up with Baker a few weeks ago. UNO was in town and he was filming for them.

Regarding the ref, if he and Cokeley have a personal relationship then I understand it's different. I was frankly wondering where he got the contact information in the first place.

Regarding the "suck it up and move on" comment, I did not mean to suggest that there should be a lack of accountability. Frankly, that's what's so admirable to me about the Moeders' stances. They disagree with the decision but they also realize that there were certain things done on their end that could have been avoided. Hence they're taking it as a learning experience and, hopefully, growing from it.

With the ref I'm also not saying that he shouldn't be working to improve himself either or be held accountable for a poor call, whether or not he gave it his best effort. Especially in a situation like this where the call was a highly questionable one. I'm all for reviewing past matches, discussing different viewpoints and developing as a ref. In fact I encourage it, because without different viewpoints people certainly become set in their ways and often fail to see things outside of their comfort zone. The same viewpoint can be applied to many things in life, not just here. The issue I had was with the way he was being approached. But, as noted before, that may just be ignorance on my part regarding the relationship between Cokeley and the relevant ref.

Finally, with the "P" issue. I've always erred to the side of "let it go" when it comes to rough wrestling. I haven't seen the tape (video-sharing websites are blocked at my office) but I have a feeling that I would agree with most here that it was a call that shouldn't have been made. I'm just surprised at the fact that there's been so much discussion so far on one case...specifically when the involved parties seem to be over it.

Just my thoughts...slow day at the office after all.

-Mark

Last edited by LancerM; 02/03/10 04:19 PM.