Great discussion on this thread! The Fab Five came out of a group of 15 wrestlers that were on my initial list. I narrowed the list to 10 and then it got much tougher. I can tell you that Colt was the last wrestler taken off before I posted the thread. There has been much discussion about competition levels. At least during the folkstyle season, Rogers had no control over his schedule. In the off season, he had some highs and some not so highs. He beat Parker Madl at Brute one year and lost to Jake Mainz at 16U Kids state. He has had an incredible and historic high school career that includes being a phenom multi-sport athlete. In his case, Taylor Moeder's level of competition both in Folk, FS and GR, kept him off the short list. Every single wrestler that was in that top 15 deserves accolades and can be argued as "fabulous". Even those that barely missed the original list are hero role models in their community.

The bottom line is, Kansas wrestlers are just plain TOUGH. We may not have the same opportunities as other states, but give me a Kansas wrestlers heart on my team anyday!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12