Well, I did think Chief's post was a mean-spirited in a sense. Stating the unstated. However, I do believe that that was not his intent. He is obviously a big supporter/lover of wrestling, and KS wrestling in particular.

To use a similar logic:

I saw the Colt/Nitcher match. Wasn't Colt wrestling a weight class higher that he usually does for the challenge of wrestling Nitcher? And, the the match was much closer than the score indicated. Colt unfortunately got in a 5-0 hole quickly but bravely battled back. Had he not started in that hole and had he been awarded 2 points for his tilt . . . obviously we have a different outcome. I bet if they wrestled each other ten times, they'd split 5 and 5. Additionally, it appeared that Nitcher might have been gassing a bit towards the end, while Colt still had some fuel in his tank. But anyway. . . Colt lost.

So, at Nationals - weren't they both one and done? No disrespect to them. Then I fall into Chief's game that I'm complaining about myself.

Parker almost got beat in his 6a final. He definitely gave up two points TD and barely won by the skin of his teeth . . .

Anyway. . . as we all know . . . this is just fun for us old guys. And I just hope we can keep it above board and not discourage the young men that are providing us the entertainment.

Finally, my dad can beat your dad in a fight. Ha. ;-)

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)