I have the program from the 3/10/2010 Metro Kansas vs. Missouri Classic and it in several wrestler had their college wrestling plans declared. Some of these are undecided on a specific school but I am going to include those under a new category Undecided But Planning To Wrestle In College Next Year. I am only including those in the Metro program who are not already on the list. The following information was derived from the Metro program:

Trevor Boyer, of Mill Valley High School, 2nd Place State 2010, 1st Place 2009. Trevor is listed as undecided planning to wrestle 125 in college next year.

Denzell Davis, of Fort Scott High School, 2nd Place State 2010. Denzell is listed as wrestling at Labette Community College next year.

Brett LaMar, of Silver Lake High School, 2nd Place State 2010. Brett is listed as attending New Mexico State University with an interest in majoring in Professional Golf Management. It does not state that Brett is planning to wrestle so I will list Brett as undecided for now.

Kane Lovvorn, of Holton High School, 2 time state placer including 5th in 2010. Kane is listed as interested in Labette CC, Ft. Hays, Colorado Juco and York.

Bryce Hood, of Louisburg High School, 2nd Place State 2010, 3rd State 2009 and 2008. Bryce is listed as undecided but plans to wrestle in college.

Jake Walker, of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 4 time state placer including a 2nd Place State 2010, member of the Aquinas 2007 5A State Championship team. He is also tied for the Aquinas all time career victories with 143. Jake is listed as planning to attend either the United States Coast Guard Academy or the United States Merchant Marine Academy. I believe Jake is planning to wrestle in college.

Trip Hiller, of Olathe South High School, 2010 State Champion and 3rd in 2009. Trip is listed as attending the United States Naval Academy Prep School for one year then the US Naval Academy. I believe I saw that he was planning to wrestle in a earlier signing reported in the Kansas City Star.

Todd Curtis, of Gardner Edgerton High School, 2nd Place State 2010 and 2009, 4th in 2008. Todd is listed as planning to wrestle in college but undecided on a college.

Austin Willis of Shawnee Heights High School, 3 time state placer. Austin is listed as signing with Emporia State University to run track and play football.

Jeramie Maus, of Tonganoxie High School, Regional and League Champion. Jeramie is listed as attending Fort Hays State to play football.

David Blazevic, of Olathe North High School, three time state placer including a 3rd place finish in 2009. Also member of Olathe North State Championship Football team. David is listed as planning on attending Pittsburg State for Exercise Science.

Nick Pearch, of Blue Valley High School, 3rd Place State 2010, 2nd Place State 2009, 6th Place 2008. Nick is listed as planning to wrestle in college but undecided. His major is listed as Sports Medicine or Construction.

Ryan Kincaid, of Bishop Miege High School, 5th place state placer 2010, Brute Adidas All-American Greco champ 2009, Freestyle runner up 2009. Member of the 2009 Bishop Miege State Championship football team. His college plans are listed as undecided.

Congratulations and good luck to all of you in your academics, wrestling and other pursuits in college next year.

2010 Seniors:

Reported to be wrestling next year:

Cade Blair of Valley Center HS---Old Dominion University (Verbal committment)
Kyle Caylor of Wichita NW HS---South Dakota State University
Staven Cooksley of Topeka Seaman HS---Newman University
Chance Davis of Clay Center HS---Colorado School of Mines
Denzell Davis of Fort Scott HS---Labette Community College
Joey Dozier of Garden Cty HS---Fort Hays State University
Christian Duckens of Wichita Heights HS---Pratt Community College
Xavier Fisher of Manhattan HS---Pratt Community College
Micah Flora-Swick of Gardner Edgerton HS---Cornell College (Iowa)
Justin French of SM North HS---Northwestern College (Iowa)
Sean Gaither of Wichita NW HS---Fort Hays State University
Josh Hanson of Baldwin City HS---Baker University
Trip Hiller of Olathe South HS---US Naval Academy Prep School one year then US Naval Academy
Andrew Jones of SM North HS---Bacone College (Oklahoma)
Parker Madl of Blue Valley HS---University of Oklahoma
Evon Royal of Junction City HS---Dana College
Brandon Vasquez of Dodge City HS---Labette Community College
Derrick Weller of Piper HS---Lindenwood University
Cody Wildin of Marion HS --Pratt Community College
Dillon Wildin of Marion HS---Pratt Community College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Kansas wrestlers reported to be wrestling at a new university:

Dondre Davis Class of 2009 of Wichita Heights HS---Pratt CC
Phillip Henes Class of 2008 of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Labette CC 2009---Baker University

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Seniors who have expressed interest in wrestling next year but undecided as to school:

Trevor Boyer---Mill Valley High School
Todd Curtis---Gardner Edgerton High School
Bryce Hood---Louisburg High School
Kane Lovvorn---Holton High School
Nick Pearch---Blue Valley High School
Nathan Reed---Colby High School
Blaine Smith---Salina South High School
Jake Walker---St. Thomas Aquinas High School--US Coast Guard Academy or US Merchant Marine Academy listed as primary interests

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

David Blazevic---Olathe North HS is listed as attending Pittsburg State for Exercise Science
B.J. Finney---Andale HS plans to play football at Kansas State University
Ryan Kincaid---Bishop Miege HS is plans are listed as undecided
Mark Kolmer---Emporia HS has signed to play football at Washburn University
Brett LaMar--- Silver Lake HS is listed as attending New Mexico State with in interest in a Professional Golf Mangagement Major
Jeramie Maus---Tonganoxie HS is listed as attending Fort Hays State to play football
Jason Seibel---Salina South HS will play football next year at Butler County CC
Austin Willis---Shawnee Heights HS listed as signed with Emporia State University to run track and play football

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you.

Last edited by Husker Fan; 04/20/10 01:36 AM. Reason: Kolmer, Finney, Smith, Seibel and Reed Updates

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions