Originally Posted By: John Johnson
Topeka and our Kids State crew have done an excellent job. the City of Topeka actually acts like they like having the tourney there. Does Wichita really care???

This morning I went into Casey's General Store for my morning cup of coffee and breakfast on our way to the tournament. As I was paying for our items, I looked down at the newspaper and noticed on the front page that the headline was the horse show that took place right next to the 2011 Kansas Kids Wrestling Championships.... I have nothing against the Horse show or whatever it was, but I heard through the gragevine that the Kids tourney brought in somewhere close to 1.25 million? I doubt the horse show brought in 1% of that.

My problem with this is simple, these KIDS are KANSANS, FUTURE KANSAS TAXPAYERS, and FUTURE KANSAS FAMILIES and their supporters and parents (WHICH ARE KANSANS) just spent 1.25 million and they can't even get on the front page of the Topeka Capital Journal??? Instead, they had to settle for the back page of the sports section (or close). The Topeka Capital Journal should be ASAHMED of themselves for overlooking something as big as this.

I know, I know, someone wants to give me a tissue. Just frustrated that's all, these kids deserve HUGE RECOGNITION!!!

Hell, I thought with ol Brownback being there we would have surely been a shoe in for the front page!

Looks like Topeka don't care much either!!