Originally Posted By: Tank Farm
I'm new at this whole suggestions thing...but
I thought Andrew Tujague of SJA was at 132? How come none of those Pitt kids got ranked any higher? I heard they had a hell of a weekend at Gardner. Metcalf was at 170 this week? Ranked at 182? Fields takes Hensley to a 1 point match and no credit? 4 kids from the SEK ranked at 138 (Fiscus, Hughes, Murdock, and Watkins), that's going to be a tough regional for everyone else. Durosette didn't even wrestle Murdock this weekend. Also where is Wools at in this mix. I think he beat #2 Durosette at their duals last year in overtime maybe and #4 Murdock. Could you help me with this one Chief. As you can tell I'm from the SEK (Iola).

Tank,
At this point in the season, there will be wrestlers that were expected to be at one weight and either end up a weight class above or a weight class below. There are things that happen, young men grow at the wrong time, others cut way more than you would expect, just stuff like that. SEK has some very strong teams with some great Kids' programs. Pittsburg, Fort Scott, Chanute, Columbus, Frontenac, etc. Your part of the state is well recognized for your wrestling by other parts of the state. Don't get too wrapped up in the rankings as things will change throughout the year. Wrestlers will move up in weight, others will move down, some that should place in State won't, others will come out of no where and place. It is too early to really know much of anything at this point.

Lee Girard