Originally Posted By: Mike Juby
Tracy,

In an effort to make it easier this year, we added a column on each club's spreadsheet that indicates whether or not each coach's background check status is current or not. So far this information has been uniformly accurate, but if the field erroneously says "Current," we would obviously not penalize a club for assuming that information is accurate (although the coach's membership would still not be valid until after they had completed a background check).

Here's an easy, three part process to ensure that your club is in compliance:
  • Is this a returning coach? Does the spreadsheet say "Current" in the Background column? If so, you can safely ignore checking on their background check status.
  • Did the coach come from another club? They need to log onto their USAW membership to check their status, and print out a copy for you.
  • All others (new coach or returning coach without "Current" in the Background column) need to complete the background check process first.

I serve up the meat ball and Mike knocks it out of the park!

You are right with that added this year it was easy.

I only have 4-5 coaches to worry about, I could see where it was tough before the adition of the "current" column for large clubs with 20+ coaches!

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS