I guess this is the best place to thank a few coaches from yesterday. My son was wrestling one of is good friends. My son made a mistake and hurt his friend during the match. While the medics took care of Robert my son was a mess. He was shook up and very worried. Coach Ike from maize I think and several of the coaches from Bishop Carrol made it a point to explain to my son that it is a rough sport and accidents do happen. Coach Wunsch was also there to offer words of encouragement for Justin. Thank you to the Garcia's from Bishop Carroll for allowing Justin to ride to the hospital with Robert to make sure he was ok.

After reading all the negative posts from yesterday I thought it was fitting to show that Two kids were in the finals for the belt when one kid did something dangerous and hurt the other kid. What happened after that was what wrestling is really about. The families, coaches, medics, and wrestlers banded together to handle the situation with class. The belt was laying on the mat being ignored while prayers were said, hugs were given and kind words were shared.

I am happy to report that Rober Garcia was not seriously injured and he and Justin were back to laughing and goofing off when they left the hospital.

Thanks to everyone involved yesterday.

Paul Mcphillips