#13. We have a group of individuals here in the state of Kansas working to increase the collegiate wrestling opportunities in Kansas. For info read below!

Originally Posted By: Husker Fan

That is why I am so supportive of our Kansas College Wrestling Fund. We all know how easy it is for college athletic departments to drop wrestling. We were all shocked a year ago when UNO did that. A group of us worked with USAW-KS to establish a Fund so that we could prevent this type of UNO situation from happening to one of our Kansas college wrestling programs. We want college wrestling opportunities to grow not die in Kansas. It will be so much better for the Kansas wrestling community if these college wrestling programs can grow. We cannot depend on government assistance or legislation to make these college opportunities grow. The Kansas wrestling community has to support this ourselves. We have to do this from many revenue sources (individual donations, youth/high school tournament donations, fundraising efforts, and corporate donations). I personally believe that our strongest foundation has to be from annual individual donors. Think of all the thousands of families and former Kansas youth/high school & college wrestlers. This should be the base of contributors to this Fund for it to be successful. I know everyone is not position to donate, but I believe most of us could donate something whether it is $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or more. I believe what matters most right now is that alll of us in the Kansas wrestling community become donors in 2012 now matter what the amount is that we can individually afford. A lot of people are not working today so this is probably a good day to take some time and write that 2012 donation. Make an investment today in the future of Kansas college wrestling.

Originally Posted By: Husker Fan

Make checks payable: USA Wrestling – Kansas, Inc./KCWF, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity.
Mail to: Mike Juby, Kansas College Wrestling Fund, 7208 Magnolia Way, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Last edited by Kale Mann; 02/21/12 02:19 AM.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School