Complainers, go out to track wrestling and check out the "Elite Athletes" page and see if there is one kid from Kansas on there. I know, "what the heck does that matter"? I bet you NEVER hear that from any parents in say, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska... Hotel rates have dropped to an all time low since the economy shot craps, the savings in that alone should cover your fuel surcharge/hike..

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is, if you want your kid to be a great wrestler, football player, doctor, lawyer, etc., then you will go above and beyond for them. I as a father love, looking at my son to the light of the dash talking about what we're going to to that day heading for weigh-in @ 5:00 in the morning, it's kind of a bonding thing. It's how I and most were raised to do it and it's not that big of a deal. If I know we're going to be wrestling a huge national tourney (states not too far away:) ) I lay off the beer, chew, junk food, new designer jeans (the ones with the stitched diamonds on the butt pockets:) ) for a few weeks. Tracy you hit the nail on the head, and twister is right: You can always weigh in Saturday morning...

Last edited by JACD_Moison; 03/06/12 03:42 AM.

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com