Teamroper thank you now someone has some rational thinking. I understand everyone is worried about cheaters, but it can be done just as easily at the host sight. If you allow the pm than you have to let the am. But I could agree with you on that, that saves money. My theory has been if I have to drive more than 1 hr we staying the night, because of the unknown. The tire happened to me, my son was 8 we were headed to Derby they could of turned us away but they didn't. It wasn't a qualifing tourny. Find 1 maybe 2 satellite places that teams only have to travel 30 miles. That may be hard in Dist.4. Have the District Director choose the Certified ref's, then either the District or team/s attending pay the Certified ref's. The scales run at the same time as the host scales. I still don't understand the mistrust in the officials, local or not. You have been to the State tourny. the guys doing weigh ins are WHO?? and from were?? with how many kids from there team?? This is my point we as Kansas Wrestling want to be better with more enrollment and Nationally recognized individuals, we have went to Split Sessions to accomadate parents/grandparents/coaches/& so on but when it comes to saving individuals hotel fees and gas money for 2 weeks more of satellite weigh ins then we balk. I just don't understand. Park City & Hays allows satellite supposed to be the 2 biggest tourny's of the year, heck yo can pretty much figure out your state bracket from those two. Its KIDS wrestling, lets try to keep more kids/parents in it. We as a team/coaches/secetary have taken a kid (1st year) to and from every practice and most tourny's cause mom can't afford it, yet she said no to subs because she doesn't want to burden us anymore this year--she still has PRIDE just can't afford it. He would not of place at subs but he would have had a Great experience. Probably be his last, hopefully not he made great strides. This is the logistics that people are missing, most of these stories aren't ever heard cause they live in the area of subs/dist/state. You guys that are not in favor of satellite at qualifing tourny's aren't helping the kids wrestling program at all. To me its kinda like running/moving brackets when you find out that stud is in your bracket. Quit thinking of your own offspring and think about the possibilities Kansas has to offer. Teamroper this was not meant personnally towards you except my direct replies toward your replies. Thank you again for some critical thinking. What the Heck is a Chucklehead??
Danny Burnett
620-332-7799

Make yourself better for the NEXT level