While I am not sure how every person on the Executive Board feels about this issue, I don’t think the board is adamantly opposed to the satellite weigh in option in the future. However, I do know it was discussed at last Fall's meeting. The consensus this year was to let the “local” tournaments offer the option and we could see where the holes in the concept develop. The satellite weigh in concept which has morphed into “home site” weigh in has some definite benefits. But those of us that have been in tourney operations and, to a larger extent, club directors in general have noticed some obvious holes that need to be addressed in this option going forward. These holes would be totally unacceptable in a qualifying tournament which leads up to the State tournament. Before we consider rolling this concept out the Kids Executive Board and the State Tournament Committee need time to put together a protocol that is leak proof. I then feel that this proposal should be voted on by the body at large at our Fall 2012 meeting. I support Matt’s decision. This isn’t something we need to “experiment” with this year at one of our qualifying tournaments.

I do think it is important that for the qualifying series of tournaments we keep the tourney operations consistent between the four districts.

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 03/06/12 01:32 PM.