The results from the Kansas Air Force are listed below. It was a pleasure to have a front row seat while these young men competed. This tournament really tests wrestlers, it is tough to comeback after tough matches-especially losses, and do it again and again, ready or not. I witnessed a lot of gut checks, and this will make all of Team Kansas better. Thank you wrestlers (ALL OF TEAM KANSAS) for representing your state so well, not only on the mat, but off the mat as well. I had two coaches from another state and a referee tell me that they “have a lot of respect for Kansas wrestling, etc. etc.” Gotta love hearing that! Also it was great meeting and working with the other coaches, great bunch of guys.
I don’t have the team scores in front of me, I will try and update later:
Air Force won big over Lake Catholic Gray (Ohio); Lost by 2 to Missouri Tigers; Lost pretty bad to Montana grizzlies; won big over South Dakota aau; won big over North Dakota Stripes; won very close over Colorado Blue; won very close over South Dakota Blue team; lost by 7 to Ohio Vengence in the finals of the bronze bracket. 4 duels that were tight!!! In the semi’s verses South Dakota blue, our mat was surrounded by people watching as it was back and forth, we were ahead by 2 coming down to Jacob Green sealing the deal with the big win, two very active heavy weights getting after it, fun stuff!!
75 Holden Butler 5-3
80 Bryce Erickson 5-3
85 Brock Budke 4-4
90 Tyler Price 6-2 (6 pins)
95 Case Pemberton 5-3
100 Gary Joint 5-3
105 Cale Rogers/Conner Rychlec (Cale was injured after 3rd match, tried to comeback , Conner gave great effort, real close twice, 0-8 combined at this weight)
110 Macoy Rains 2-6
115 Daniel Butler 2-6
120 Tanner Brown 7-1
125 Chase Prester 5-3
130 Alec Castillo 6-2
135 Carter Wessling 5-3
140 Colter Stoll 5-3
145 Easton Ryser 5-3
152 Lucas McMichael 5-3
160 Nick Kirmer 4-4
171 Austin Hart 5-3
189 Gage Clark 4-4