Wanted to weigh in on the finals matches real quick. Several really good matches and what a treat to watch.

I must say though I was quite disappointed in the decision on the Himpel-Elbrader match. From what I could tell in the stands not too far away the action didn't warrant a disqualification let alone a flagrant misconduct (I believe that was the call). Elbrader was leading 5-4 with about 50 seconds left and Himpel was on top in the 3rd period. All of a sudden you see the referee stop the action after Himpel was crossfacing Elbrader really hard. He complained about being bitten and the referee called the match rendering his decision. The result was all the team points taken away from Elbrader and not even being awarded 2nd place. With a tough crossface it would be easy to get cut by the other guys' teeth inadvertently. Elbrader's stunned reaction said it all after the match. Again this is just what I observed.

Curious what others' thoughts were that watched the match and might have been a bit closer matside.