Originally Posted By: KAS
1. Brandon Ball-11-Hoisington
2. Alec Hager-11-Norton
3. James Jurgens-10-Scott City
4. Daniel Melcher-12-Herington
5. Clint Rogers-11-Smith Center
6. Trevor Axelson-12-Plainville

There's not much criteria to work with but after Willy Dieckmann's weekend @ Eudora beating #4 5a and #4 6a I see him cracking this list.

Dieckmann really threw a wrench in the rankings at this weight which were already a bit of a mess.

Dieckmann had that great performance beating two ranked wrestlers from 6A and 5A, but he also lost to two ranked wrestlers from 4A at Eudora, too. Ultimately, not qualifying to state and losing to my #7 wrestler, Blake Graham-11-Pleasant Ridge, in the blood round at regionals last season kept Dieckmann at #8. All of the wrestlers ahead of Graham and Dieckmann have state medals, so they have proven success at Hays.

Not having the full George Worley/Larry Tilton Memorial Duals' results I don't know if Graham and Dieckmann met in the first week. If someone could supply the full results I would really appreciate it. When I get some results from that tournament I'll have a better idea if I can move Dieckmann up.

I also have Jacob Gentry-11-Rossville at #9. He finished 6th at Eudora and has a win over Mark Reiss of Rock Creek at Mission Valley. Then Reiss, who is now in 4A and is a returning state placer from 120 in 321A, just beat #2 Alec Hager-11-Norton at Clay Center, but Hager has wins over #3 James Jurgens-10-Scott City and #6 Trevor Axelson-12-Plainville.

Another problem is I don't know if #4 Daniel Melcher-12-Herington is at 126 this season as I have no results with him in them. He could have wrestled at Wamego, but the results for that tournament are not complete.

I need more results before I can move Dieckmann, or any other wrestlers around at this weight. What I will say is that from #2 to #10 it is very wide open at 126, but for now I will go with wrestlers who have a history of qualifying and then performing well at the state tournament.