Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
When you come to these dilemmas, as a ranker I would think you just have to use common sense. Look at records, look at consistency, and ponder the styles subject. Some guys just beat some styles. From an outsider looking in on this, it would be odd. This 120 class is tough. I watched Price dominate the 321a no4 who beat the 321a no.1 the same day. And i dont even think he is ranked all class, so it is tough.IMO Gentzler, Mies, Cokeley etc. JMO

So you rank them... Give it your best shot and explain your logic. Then look at what happened with Price at the BIT and explain that. Reese was injured prior to January but tried to battle through it. He was unable to get proper preparation and he shouldn't have even been on the mat in Gardner. When you are looking at ranking this week you have to look at what most recently happened. Reese has 14 losses,not 17 and he has lost only to Himple, Elbrader and Sharp from KS. All at the Bobcat. Then Sharp ID to him on the backside. On day 2 Himple and Elbrader probably go 130, in fact Himple moved up to 132 the next weekend. This 120 deal is a mess as both of Reese's wins over Mies came on day 1 of a two day event. Works great when you aren't cutting on day 1 but on day 2 it gets a little rough when you are the little guy. There is some common sense for you. Now rank them genious.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/01/13 04:30 AM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com