Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
Sure, Chief gets plenty of credit.
You just may not read about it all the time on the thread. I know I have given him tons of credit the past few years. I still enjoy bouncing my "opinion" off of him though when ever I can. And I believe he enjoys it as well. Chief gets lots of affirmation so don't worry about him, Hakuna Matata.

Now as for "opinions", Chief's rankings really aren't "opinions" I am compelled to say with all do respect. They are "rankings" based on data, lots of it, observations and statistics. I suppose you could say it is his "opinion" as to how the data is interpreted but I still say not really. Opinions are kind of like, "I like Wrestling better than basketball". Chief's rankings are more like, "Wrestling is better than basketball". Well some might consider that an opinion I guess. So how about this one. Chief's rankings are more like "Wrestling is tougher than basketball". Now that's not an "opinion", that's a "fact".

For me, my opinions are never "opinions". They are "predictions" based on very reliable and valid data. They are extremely accurate because I only think logically when thinking about the rankings that I am interested in. And remember, I never make any "predictions" about anyone unless they have wrestled my son or were in a bracket with him at some time, the ones that I have had an opportunity to study and analyze up close and personal.

Now as for Leach, I see both sides.
I get Chief's reasoning. Either way, he appears to be wrong because it's kind of an A beat B beat C beat A, except that Leach and Cokeley have not wrestled, but they might at state. So clearly part of this will be ironed out in due time although it may not be totally, unless Leach and Mies go again.

As for now, I totally get way2funny's reasoning for Leach at #2 and I tend to agree. Leach has lost twice to Gentzler and to Mies in a match where he lead almost throughout until he got "caught", (at least that's what I heard with all due respect and I know a win is a win). He has three wins in common opponents with Cokeley (with all due respect to Cokeley, which he has earned). What about the other guys that have beaten Cokeley and are ranked behind him? Can they lay claim to being ahead of him? Just when I consider the body of work, I believe Leach is #2. But that is not a "prediction" I must admit, that is an "opinion", because my son has never wrestled any of them, except in practice I guess because he and Leach were teammates. So I guess you could say my "opinion" is biased. You would say that wouldn't you Chief? Nah, it's not biased because I only think logically when thinking about the rankings I am interested in. I really have no emotional attachment, I promise.

There you go making sense again X. I think...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12