The funny thing about saying "no disrespect", is that you inevitability do. Do you have a daughter? If so, if she told her daddy that she wanted to wrestle, would you forbid her? What kind of a lesson is that? I have been around this sport for 35 years as a wrestler, coach and now as a father of wrestlers and my philosophy has always been to treat my opponent across from me with the same RESPECT whether they were male, female, black or white. They get the same intensity, the same crossface...because that's what they deserve when they decide to step on the mat! These boys and girls that wrestle spend all season working, sweating and sacrificing for that respect. To take that away is an utter travesty. I have a daughter that will be a freshman next year that loves watching her brothers wrestle. Will she want to wrestle? Probably not. But if she does, I will support her because as of now she has the right to compete with the boys...and that's my job as a father...support my children. XGHSWC...I respect your son's decision, as I would any others, and would stand beside you arguing your case if need be. Anyway, I apologize for the long-winded post and I wish the best of luck to ALL wrestlers strappin it on this weekend. I myself, will be paying close attention to the 6a 170 bracket @ BVNW.

Keith Heniss