Originally Posted By: Isaac dulgarian

Your point on the injuries due to akwardness of different skill levels is very true

Isaac,

I think thats a little arrogant to say the reason the kid got hurt because of difference of skill levels. Maybe you should brush up on your skill level on the rules about unnecessary roughness. I'm not saying this was unsportsmanlike as another poster mentioned, but it was obviously unnessecary, and the referee was spot on. Easy call. The first job of the referee is to protect the wrestlers, and thats why they have rules like this. I understand that you are protecting your rep on the unsportsmanlike allegation, but you're not going to come out smelling good if you complain about this call.

Just think about what happened to this kid, he lost his chance to continue to wrestle and place in the state tournament, he probalbly spent a lot of time in hospital this last weekend, still has a splitting headache and his dad is going to get a large medical bill. And you don't know how this is going to affect him long term, as we have recently found out concussions have some serious long term issues and his future wrestling career and participation in other sports may be in jeopardy depending on how he responds to the concussion. I wont even mention potential long term cognizant affects this could have on him. So who really got the bad deal form this situation.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"