Originally Posted By: GOBIGRED
Unless the child has skipped a grade it would be next to impossible for a 14 yr old to be a sophmore. The school cutoff date in Kansas is almost identical to the wrestling cutoff. Sure they may have been 14 for less than 15 days into the start of their sophmore year. Come on people we are talking about wrestling... who out there actually moves their kid ahead in school. It has been my experience that the opposite is true and we have alot of older 16 yr olds in 10th grade and quite a few 17 yr olds(just to give them the extra edge)or year of growing and maturity. My son a sophmore is only 15 and won't be 16 until summer and therefor will only be a young 16 yr old Junior next year.....should I be throwing a fit that he has to wrestle a 19 yr old senior because he is in the high school division.....Just let em wrestle . Geez!

First of all, who is throwing a fit? Secondly, your next to impossible analogy has happened.

This is what you should be asking yourself. Why do the top wrestling states in the nation exclude High School wrestlers from entering Kids divisions? Maybe someone in their state should have tried your very compelling and thorough "Geez! Just let them wrestle" argument.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12