I'm not really a boxing fan, but I will watch it and a few other sports during the Olympics because i understand the basics of the sport, and for the most part I can tell who is winning, or who will most likely be the victor. Wrestling will fail if we resort to your line of thinking, where we hope all spectators who might watch Olympic wrestling, spend the time in between getting educated on the rules just in case when they are channel surfing and run across Gr/Fr they will be able to follow. It needs dumbed down, just like boxing, MMA, UFC, etc. CLEAR VICTOR.
As crazy as it seems, most people watching the Olympics have nothing to do with any of the sports that they watch, except when it comes on every four years. If people enjoyed it enough from watching Olympic wrestling, it would boost the sports attendance. If we leave it as is, then it is evident of where it will be in the future, NON EXISTENT. It is not that change is hard, it is that we must evolve as to what the world enjoys seeing. MMA has raised the bar.

Last edited by Tyson Schreiner; 05/06/13 01:01 AM.