Just my opinion, but I think if they are going to split other sports than they should have split 4A wrestling too. The majority of high school students do not even participate in wrestling, and the ones that do- the majority of them probably do not even make varsity and/or qualify for state. The ones that do place at state- the majority do not wrestle in college, and many who do wrestle in college quit wrestling for different reasons. My point is the diehard wrestling fans have expectations and they also have lots of positive memories from their own personal experiences. If you split 4A you will have that many more student athletes having an opportunity to be state placers (positive experience and positive memories). Maybe the split could actually help promote wrestling in Kansas. The smaller 32 team State competition would probably be somewhat watered down for a few years, but those teams would be able to compete for a strong finish. I do not know the numbers, but I doubt to many of the bottom 32 4A teams are top 10 finishers etc. My point is the split may get more schools and more communities excited about wrestling. More students may end up participating and having a positive experience with the sport of wrestling.