Originally Posted By: RedStorm
A 2 hour drive is nothing. Pack as sammich and don't forget your blankey and pillow.

When it make sense I completely agree with you. In a time when I see nearly EVRY school complain about travel budget it is ridiculous to spend $7000 when you only need to spend $1000 (these are conservative numbers based on estimated travel and lodging costs). Heck, every metro school could pitch in $150 to PHS and call it good. I know for a fact that the PHS AD whined so loudly to KSHSAA because he refused to travel a PHS team to Liberal KS that they moved the game to a neutral site! That seems ironic now that coupled with the fact that they just hosted last year... The process for regional assigning and selection is not understood and doesn't appear to be documented. Many AD's have no idea what the process is and whether or not they should/could apply as they thought they would be contacted by KSHSAA. At the end of the day, why would we expect any decision from Topeka to make sense?? After all it is the same city that Kathy S. (queen of Obamacare) lived in and promoted spending over $100 million to save a town of less than 1,000 people. At this point all we can do is sit back at let KSHSAA reinforce the fact that common sense isn't very common.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com