I personally cannot stand soccer. Don't know a lot about it. But my niece has been the starting goalie ("keeper?")for Tennessee since her freshman year. We've traveled to see her a few times, I watch her on streaming video when I can because she's family. But it is the most frustrating thing I think I do all year...in my opinion it is a huge waste of youthful energy for very little return. I hope for death, just a little, every time I'm forced to watch it. I cannot bear it. I am starting to wretch involuntarily just thinking about the upcoming season. Go Lady Vols!(please graduate Julie, please).

But that's got nothing to do with any of this and this thread is a good example why its so hard to actually "talk" about the rules on this forum. Some guys just go NUTS over the most minor point. No offense meant to any of you who have demonstrated here that you are unhinged. Its pretty self-evident from your writing. And to disagree with one of you starts a Hatfield and McCoy fight which to me seems a lot more unsportsmanlike than anything I've seen on the mat ever.

But here's the right answer, again. The pushing or shoving might have been unnecessary roughness, or it might have been a form of taunting. That would be a judgment call. The official didn't call it. So that's on the official, not the kid, if it was a bad call. If the wrestler does it, and its not called, you sure can't blame him for continuing to do it.

As many have said--cutting and taking down repeatedly is fine, no rule against it, the case book says its acceptable. Any old timers from Iowa might remember Dan Knight...that is all he did in High School and he was famous in the state. I'm sure many of his opponents were humiliated. They needed to figure out a defense.

As an official, I would have one heck of a time explaining a call for smiling, grinning, sneering, rolling your eyes, or almost any other facial expression. If the kid starts laughing and pointing, speaking, or doing something obviously belittling, then sure, that's something to stop. But this situation seems to be stringing together a bunch of different things, over the course of the match, none of which in and of themselves are illegal, but the perception is the kid was making fun of his opponent. But officials aren't mind readers...the kid has to violate a rule, not some high ideal that we want to place on him. This is the USA in 2014, not England in 1840. We tend to be a bit less civil now than in the past (see posts above).

Did I mention how much I really do not like soccer?