I wrestled at Labette Community College for two years and transferred to Kansas State University with the idea of using my 3 years of remaining eligibility to help promote Kansas State University and Division I wrestling...a tough decision, but worthy I felt.

I coached, competed, raised money...sometimes by raking leaves for entry fees and gas, volunteered at Manhattan Optimist and MHS, worked full-time, and full-time student. Later, I assisted under Coach Gonzales...great experience!

After nearly 8 years of grinding for the greater cause of KS our proposal was presented to the University. Let's just say I was politely asked to cease efforts for KSU Div.I wrestling. I felt we were finally gaining momentum in 2007, but was told it would never happen. I knew chances were that I wouldn't be head coach or possibly on staff if KSU went D-I. That didn't bother me as much as having all your hard work and dreams shattered with no reasonable explanation.

I eventually found my way back home to Pratt. Wrestling is life... I love PHS and the PWC, which has always been extremely supportive of me and my family.

If I'm not on a mat I'm in a treestand, fishing, and dedicating my everything to my 6 year old daughter...and no she doesn't wrestle lol.

Thank you for asking....