Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
Stop by our booth in the Expo Center this weekend at Kids State and see how you can help all 11 of the college wrestling programs across the state. We will see you this weekend and thank you to those who helped our student athletes!

Sean McCarthy

This fund was established a few years ago for the purpose of promoting the growth of college wrestling at Kansas colleges for our current and future college wrestlers. You are the parents of the future college wrestlers. Ten years ago I was where you are with my son, who was a seventh grader in his 2nd year at 12 & under. We did not have as many Kansas college wrestling programs ten years ago as we do today. We have eleven programs today and now a woman's program too. We probably only had about four or five Kansas college wrestling programs ten years ago. We definitely have more Kansas college wrestling opportunities today for our Kansas youth but we still do not have a D-1 program in Kansas. We also know we need more opportunities and better scholarships. It is only going to happen if we support it financially. We all have to do our part. My son went on wrestle at Baker University in the first three years of its program. He is now a first year law student at KU. Our family owes a lot to wrestling in Kansas and will always be grateful to Baker University that they started their program five years ago that gave my son his opportunity to extend his wrestling career into college and more importantly a first rate educational opportunity. My family still financially supports the Kansas College wrestling fund and plans to continue to do so. We have no more wrestlers but we believe in it and in your kids. We want your kids to have the same opportunity that my son had. We all have to support Kansas college wrestling programs to insure that your kids will have this opportunity. All of us can help the Kansas College Wrestling Fund in some way to help it fulfill its mission. Please join the fight and you can start by stopping by the Kansas College Wrestling Fund booth this weekend to find out more about it and how maybe you can help too. Good luck this weekend and enjoy this time with your kids.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions