Originally Posted By: KSwrestling4life
What happened to senior nationals? 1st and 2nd at state...I don't see any NJ, Ny, or Penn, or Ohio kids at this tourney...Why are we not competing against the best anymore? I wish our seniors had a chance to compete like the past seniors at senior nationals. Have we gone to 2nd class???? Maple, caldwell? they would have swept these brackets.

USA Wrestling offers a better opportunity. Va Beach is losing its allure. It required far more financial outlay and lots of missed school. Flo is taking kids away too. Now there are four highly attended events: Reno, Cedar Falls, Flo, and Va Beach. The Sr. Nationals are not what they once were.

There were lots of California kids in Cedar Falls as well as Iowa, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois. In the world of Cadet and Junior wrestling, Illinois has been the state to beat these past few years.

I respectfully disagree with your "2nd Class" accusation. When there are four tournaments you are not going to get the ONE you are looking for. For 160 and below it happens in the fall and is called SUPER 32.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com