C'mon folks do you not remember high school kids cutting huge weight before the new rules? Cutting is so much better now then it was in the days of plastics , boiler rooms,saunas, no water for you kid, be a man, skipping class to run,spitting in a cup during class, wearing plastics to class and to bed , etc. coaches and athletes are so much better trained now. Cutting is not relevant to the time of day you weigh in!! So very few, I would say less than 2-3 kids on a team manage their weight properly. You tell every athlete the same nutrition principals, and it rarely sinks in. Is it the kids fault, the coaches fault, the parents fault or the national federation rules fault or even kshsaa s fault? (Musselman is to blame for sure lol). No it is not! 14-18 year old kids are going to do what they are going to do. I remember kids eating pizza after a 5 pm weigh in for a dual and watching them puke or poop on the mat at the hs and college level. I remember cutting class to make weight. I remember being a zombie in the classroom all day. I remember leaving at 3 am to get to a weigh in. None of those things are in the best interest of a young man. Today's rule in ks is so much better for our kids. I really believe that about 80% of our coaches support the rule. Mr. Mann hit the nail on the head, if you want change you have to work hard for it. I have personally helped teams of ks coaches change two kshsaa rules. You convince your administrators, your league administrators, State wide league admins then Kwca then you talk to many kshsaa executive board members then you go to a few executive board meetings with said admin and support from Kwca then you get things changed. It is very hard work and like most kids with nutrition issues most folks resolve themselves to complaining rather than doing Wow my post in a year or so!! Keep the current weigh in system!

It’s a great day to be alive