Whatever happens, obviously, since this is a monopoly, people will be forced to adhere to. I firmly believe that this schedule at least gives people OPTIONS......They can be done in early feb or early march, or they can wrestle thru April. Now they are forced to wrestle thru march. I know, they don't HAVE to do the state series, but of course that is not an option for 99% of the people out there.

This may sound harsh, but if you don't find the hotel costs at Topeka outrageous, you are crazy!! Of course we are all crazy for all we do to keep our kids participating in this great sport......

While we are on the hotel subject, I also have daughters that play softball around the Midwest. There is such a thing as "stay to play", where if you want to play in their tourney, you have to stay at one of their hotels. (not all tourneys are like this, but more and more of them are) This will only allow people with money to participate in those tourneys in my opinion. In Colorado last year, we HAD to stay at a hotel that cost us $169 per night. Hotels.com had hotels all over town for under $100. It shouldn't be the kids' fault that mom and dad can't afford these hotel rooms. If we aren't given the option of moving this tourney around, things aren't going to get any better. Topeka doesn't have an abundance of rooms like Denver, so we max them out, and hence we get screwed.

Last edited by doug747; 01/29/16 01:55 PM.