I have read most of these posts and I talked to a lot of coaches this weekend in Salina. I think we all want more participation, better competition, better development of KS kids to compete on a national level and a shorter season of some kind.

The two things I want added to the discussion are this:

1. Middle School Wrestling needs to have the same season for all kids. I would prefer early (Nov-Mid December)allowing all the middle school kids to compete for the majority of the kids season. (however long we make it) We should also allow MS teams to buy a KS Kids card for all team members, for one price, just like we do for HS teams. Hoping more kids would continue right into the kids season.

2. There are already opportunities to wrestle EVERY Saturday and Sunday, why not introduce some Freestyle & Greco tournament's in the middle of the season on Sundays. This would allow more kids to try FS & GR during the season. You could also do a split session with 6/8/10 wrestling Folkstyle on Sat AM and FS/GR on Sat. PM, then wrestle 12 & 14 U on Sunday Folkstyle AM and FS/GR PM.

Like it or not, the kids who wrestle FS& GR are better all around wrestlers. We need to introduce more kids to the style to improve on the national level.