There are great ideas, and a lot of experience and knowledge about our sport, and for that I am grateful.

Someone mentioned that they hadn't heard "kids say they wanted a shorter season"- that may be true. My kid wouldn't admit to you he's tired. But as a parent I know, and I see him struggle down the stretch, and struggle on nights that baseball practice is before wrestling, and then after wrestling is homework. I know we aren't the only family in this situation. And for what it's worth no matter what changes, if any at all, we will still wrestle.

That said- I would have to agree with Rich, lets get some more competition - what's another 2 or 3 pounds? More mat time with different kids equals better wrestlers.

As far as shortening the season- I won't complain if they do, but again, we will wrestle no matter what. I do see some benefits to ending before spring break.

These are just my opinions, as a grateful mom, who can't believe our time in kids wrestling is almost over, it has honestly been some of the best times of our lives. We have been very blessed to be part of an amazing sport, and I hope that there can be improvements made, so other families feel as great about it as we do.