I understand that this post will probably offend some people and I'm ok with that. Proceed at your own risk.

The 100 Win Club is not what it used to be. I get accused of being too hard at times. So let me use Math to prove my point.

Back in 1991 I joined the 100 Win Club, Yeah Me! laugh My record was 100-18-2. Yes, I just barely came in under the mark and yes they did have draws in the old days.

I figure that the average wrestler got about 30 matches back in my day. That gives a four year varsity wrestler about 120 matches, give or take. Hitting exactly 100 wins, my win percentage was 83.33%. This was the bare minimum percentage a wrestler could have and still make the 100 Win Club.

I took this Average and put it up against the number of matches wrestlers are averaging today. I truly feel that 45 matches a year is average. With 45 matches a year, a four year varsity wrestler will wrestle 180 matches.

I then took my bare minimum of 83.33% from 1991 and put it against 180 matches. The equivalent number of matches a wrestler would need to win to reach this percentage is...150 Matches.

The Bare Minimum Win Percentage for a four year Varsity Wrestler is now 55.55%.

With that being said, I understand that things happen. Wrestlers Blow Knees, Shoulders, have illness, are behind great wrestlers for a year or two. With these wrestlers, 100 wins is still an accomplishment. I'd love for complete varsity records to be posted when congratulating 100 Win Wrestlers. A record of 100-20 is a lot more impressive than a record of 100-80.

I know some are going to think I'm being mean, even rude, but My congratulations will be saved for those hitting 150 wins or 83.33%

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary