Coach Buckbee - What more do you want me to say? I admitted I was in error. I admitted I was human and make mistakes. Does it really matter if I put my name on the forum, so that you can further badger me, affecting my livelihood in a sport that has given me much? Name 1 PERFECT OFFICIAL who gets it right, everytime! I used a poor choice of words, stating what I saw (my opinion), and you throw the rulebook at me, claiming my ignorance. Do you have the rulebook so thoroughly memorized that you knew Rule 5-24-3a&b by heart? Did your Eidetic memory also remember 5-24-3d, which occurs at the 3:03-3:20 mark? Or at 6:41-6:52? What about 5-24-4c at the :51-1:06 mark? It is easy to make calls when you have the luxury of watching video after the event. Will it change the outcome? I was offering my perspective, after watching the match on video, and going off of my 1st reaction, which I put into words (and was subsequently attacked for it). I admitted my mistake, have re-watched the video, and I will learn from it. I hope this discourse makes me a better official in the future, and does not scare others away from officiating for the actions contained here. The lead official in this match has 27 years experience, which is far more than I have. He is also human and makes mistakes. He has been around longer, and called what he saw, in his judgement, in the heat of the moment, on a grand stage and I believe it was the right call. He saw things differently than the rest of us, who are watching a video after-the-fact and thoroughly dissecting it for all of the "could've beens & should've beens".

Vandeventer - I agree totally! Rules meetings and Area meetings should have video clips to watch and cover these situations. Maybe meet at a local high school's practice room and go over it with veteran officials. We can ALL do a better job of wrestling, coaching, officiating and spectating if we are willing to LEARN for our mistakes, move forward and do our best the next time out!

"Praise the Lord, my Rock. He trains my hands 4 war & gives my fingers skill 4 battle."-Ps.144:1