Right now I have 146 programs from 4A-1A. I have not counted Doniphan West, and McLouth, in these figures. They all had programs last year but numbers were low at regionals so until I see something on Track I will not put them in my calculations. Wichita Trinity is another school that has had a program in the past but their numbers have always been small and I don't see them listed on track, no coach is listed on KSHSAA school directory and no wrestling schedule is listed on the school site. Tribune is another school that had a program last year but I don't see listed on track as well. Co-ops have always been used in determining classifications in the past so I used them in my numbers. I am sure I am missing some co-ops but I only used co-ops that I saw rosters listed on track (some you just have to know names as they are listed under the school they are co-oping with for example Cherokee-SE kid is listed under Columbus and Pleasanton is listed under Jayhawk-Linn). Right now I have 58 schools in 4A and that would put Halstead as team 58 but if Trinity has a team then Wellsville would be team 58. Typically if you look at years past there are 59-60 schools in 4A. We would need to get to 150 teams in 4A-1A for that to happen. If there are 150 teams then the 60th team in 4A would be Chaparral again if Trinity does not have a program if Trinity does then the 60th team would be Cheney with Chaparral going 3A. I don't have any inside information I am just looking at what is entered for rosters on track and using my fingers and toes to count.

Schools I know that are co-oping :
Allen-Northern Heights
Bennington
Bird City
Downs -Lakeside
Longton-Elk Valley
Mankato-Rock Hills
Medicine Lodge
Pleasanton
Quinter
Sedgwick
Topeka Cair-Paravel

New Programs added for this year:
Johnson-Stanton County
Oxford

Last edited by Kramer; 11/20/23 04:15 PM.