Maybe we should start a new post. Someone though on this topic basically made the statement that 5A is not as good as 3A which is absolutely not true and the comment must be addressed. Most would say the same about 5A vs. 4A. 10-20 years ago that was the case but not anymore and the results of matchups over the last 10 years verify this. For me, it doesn't matter who beat who individually or as a team unless they beat them at state. But because of the classes, we can only determine who is the best within a class and not between classes. But everyone keeps saying this or that class is better and the only thing that you have to go on is matchups throughout the year. I am tired of people crapping on 5A but I should just let it go. If you look at the matchups this year, based on that, 5A is as tough as any class. I provided a small portion of info that validates my claim but the response show that it was unread. No question, Norton might be the best team in the state but no way does that make 3A the best class. Turner won Bobcat and I do not hear anything about 5A being good. Carroll was barely 2nd to Norton at Newton and won it last year over Norton and I do not hear anything about 5A. Ark City won Derby, same story. Ark City beat Goddard who beat mighty Abilene at the Emporia tounament and same story. Even a not so thought of team like Seaman barely lost to Abilene taking third at Emporia. The list goes on and on Valley Center has beat Colby, Shawnee Heights has beat Hoxie, Carroll beat Clay Center, etc., etc., etc. Results speak not smack talk.