It is not my intention to eliminate opportunities for these youngsters. If a few of the parents around the mats for 6 & under would act like the majority of parents IN THE STANDS. I call it "The Grizzley Sow Syndrom" Where Moms and Dads are initially there to protect their cubs, but then end up fighting with other Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Coaches, Refs, and even Kids from the other team. It is very hard to coach and help someone's child when a parent is screaming in my ear quit crying, get up, get mad, etc. These verbal coaching techniques are not in the books on coaching wrestling. I have heard MUCH MUCH worse than the above mentioned but I'll keep that out of the forum. Have you ever seen the number of coaches per kid at the eight and under state tournament in each corner. Some of those coaches have a camera, camcorder, - some (1/2 or more) of those in the corner do not have a coach’s card. Could you imagine the 6 & under. I hope that day does not come. Some parents have "Press Passes" - I did not know Kansas had that many local papers following kids wrestling. I do not want to get into any personal attacks or discussions about any specific kid, family or club. 5 and 6 year olds - yes 1/3 to 1/2 half of their life they have been in diapers.

Coach Sean