Maybe we shouldn't let them at the state tournament I know Missouri doesn't. There are a handful of kids at 6 that are mature for their age and can handle it, but mostly this is an ego trip for parents I see it all the time, dads pushing their kids to the point of tears it's ridiculous. It won't hurt a youngster to wait until they are 7 to compete maybe they will appreciate it more. If you want it so bad start your own club then you will have a vote on the issue. If this passes a lot of 4-6 year olda are going to be pushed to hard by their coach-dads, just look at open tournaments now the dad slash coach at the 6U mats act like fools, I know I have one on my team and I don't even let him coach his little one anymore. This system has worked for years but now their are a bunch of parents that think they have 6 year old olympians
and they need a state medal. Is this for the parent or the kid. I will always vote no on this and the parents on our club support me 100%. Give them a chance to mature a little and have fun, remember it's for them not for you.