Quote:
Originally posted by smokeycabin:
Where does it stop? 4 & Under? Then someone will want individual age divisions. Should High School have a JV State? We already have 4 different high school divisions. Where does it stop?

Coach Sean
Great point Sean. Yesterday at Regionals how many JV wrestlers were there cheering on the Varsity team. Ask any of them how HARD they worked at wrestling this year. I know most of them worked as hard as the Varsity but they don't have issues of no JV State! How about the Freshman wrestling, most of them were NOVICE wrestlers, first time wrestling. There was no sort of league championship for them. They worked hard, learned a sport and God willing had a good experience so they will come back next year! They were also there cheering on the Varsity. (To a regional championship - go Aquinas!)

By the way, my 8 year old did attend the 6 and under championships in Ottawa. They did a great job. Then the next weekend he went to State to watch his brother wrestle (and slide down the hill on cardboard)! If your 6 year old doesn't have an older sibling wrestling at state why not just take them to watch the team on the second day - it is a fun event to watch, especially the finals.

Also, I'm not sure why people would think that Sean and his cheesy opinion would leave the STA club. If you asked the wrestling community state wide that a loss of Sean McCarthy would be a huge blow to Kansas Wrestling. He is not going anywhere, at least until my 8 year old is done with kids!

Another cheesy opinion by wrestlingmom

Sharon Henes
STA Wrestling - President Emeritus!