Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ALL IN CAMP TO ADD MARK SCHWAB! #170140 06/11/10 08:39 PM
A
ALL-IN-CAMP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
ALL IN CAMP is pleased to announce the addition of Mark Schwab to an already stellar staff. Coach Schwab will be doing a session on PSYCHOLOGY FOR WINNING WRESTLING POSITIONS.

Coach Schwab has served as an assistant coach for Big 10 programs Minnesota and Purdue before moving on to head roles at Buena Vista (DIII) and NIACC (NjCAA).

More information on Coach Schwab below:

Courtesy of GlobeGazette.com and Andy Hamilton:

Mark Schwab’s story

Mark Schwab was on a path for wrestling greatness.

“Mark Schwab was my hero,” Iowa coach Tom Brands said.
Coach Schwab won four Iowa state high school titles before joining his older brother, Mike, at Northern Iowa.

In his first year of college, Mark placed fifth at the 1986 NCAA Championships. He redshirted the next season and made waves on the international freestyle circuit.

At the time, the Tbilisi Tournament in Russia — not the Olympics or world championships — was hailed by some as the best wrestling tournament in the world. Mark placed third at Tbilisi as a 20-year-old.

“I really thought he was going to be our next star internationally,” former Iowa coach Dan Gable said. “The reason why I say that is not just on wrestling skills, but I look at style, attitude, toughness, how they approach the sport.”

Mark was second on the U.S. Olympic ladder as a sophomore in college. He was a threat to qualify for the Seoul Games in 1988 and perhaps hang onto the spot for Barcelona in 1992 and beyond.

But everything changed with an arthroscopic surgery that went bad, leading to a staph infection that traveled to his kidneys and at one point had doctors discussing amputating his leg.

Even though he was able to come back to finish sixth for UNI at the 1990 NCAA meet, a series of operations limited the range of motion in his leg. Mark’s wrestling career was never quite the same.

Re: ALL IN CAMP TO ADD MARK SCHWAB! [Re: ALL-IN-CAMP] #170141 06/11/10 08:41 PM
A
ALL-IN-CAMP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Here is the list of the full staff:

“ALL IN SUMMER WRESTLING CAMP”
LAS VEGAS, NV
June29, 30, July 1, 2010

Featured Coaches:
DI: Shawn Charles - Arizona State University
DII: Don Henry - Gannon University
DIII: Randy Steward - Loras College
NAIA: Tyler Brandt - Waldorf College
JUCO: Joe Renfro- Labette
Martial Artist: Bill Gossett
Featured Speaker: Aaron Sweazy
Special Guest Clinician: Mark Schwab

To register for the All In Camp or to Check out a brochure, go to: http://www.americacrownwrestling.com/allincamp.html

Last edited by ALL-IN-CAMP; 06/11/10 08:57 PM.
Re: ALL IN CAMP TO ADD MARK SCHWAB! [Re: ALL-IN-CAMP] #170194 06/14/10 04:28 PM
A
ALL-IN-CAMP Offline OP
OP Offline
A

My name is Tyler Brandt, creator of the All-In Wrestling Camp. Last year I was hired as the Head Wrestling Coach at Waldorf College. Immediately upon being hired I started the All-In Wrestling Camp in Las Vegas Nevada. The purpose of the All-In Camp was to capitalize on all of the wrestlers that are in the Southwestern area but don’t get a lot of looks nationally.

I am very aware of the talented wrestlers in Nevada, Arizona, California, New Mexico, Utah and other West Coast/Southwestern states as I coached in Arizona for 17 years. The camp slogan is “Take a Shot at Getting a Shot” and I mean that for the kids that attend this camp. We want to offer scholarships to kids from this camp or get them into the recruiting system at a college that fits their ability.

We have all levels of college wrestling coaches attending this camp to deliver instruction and look at picking up wrestlers for their college this year or in the future. You know that it is rare that a wrestler will attend a DI wrestling camp and “be found” and offered a scholarship, however, it is very likely that a wrestler will “be found” to attend a smaller college. DII, DIII, NAIA or JUCO. Recruiting budgets are small at these levels of colleges and it is camp’s like this that a young wrestlers dream can come true.

All DI caliber wrestlers are already being recruited or have been offered a scholarship, if you have a wrestler that is looking to wrestle in college and needs a scholarship please don’t miss this opportunity. Also, if you have wrestlers that need exposure for future scholarship opportunities, this is the camp!!

I want to extend a very special offer to each of you coaches, the current cost for a resident camper is 200.00 and a commuter is 100.00. I would like to extend a group rate for all resident campers of 160.00 for any coaches bringing 8 or more wrestlers. With 4 wrestlers in a room the total cost of the camp is 200.00 plus travel for resident campers, that includes the camp – meals – and the hotel.

DI - Arizona State University Head Coach - Shawn Charles

DI - University of Northern Iowa Head Assistant Coach – Mark Schwab

DII - Gannon University Head Coach – Don Henry

DIII - Loras College Head Coach – Randy Steward

NAIA - Waldorf College Head Coach – Tyler Brandt

JUCO - Labette Community College Head Coach – Joe Renfro

Inspirational Speaker – Aaron Sweazy – Former University of Central Oklahoma wrestler & Cancer Survivor.

There will be 9, 2.5 hour sessions of instruction by college coaches plus a Sports Psychology session and a Martial Arts session. The value and opportunity in this camp are absolutely massive. To take advantage of this offer call me at 480-388-6984 so we can register you and your wrestlers.

Thank You

Tyler Brandt

Re: ALL IN CAMP TO ADD MARK SCHWAB! [Re: ALL-IN-CAMP] #170760 06/18/10 11:46 AM
A
ALL-IN-CAMP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
As an amenity to the camp as well, Free Airport & Free Strip Shuttle Service.
Shuttle Service
Las Vegas Airport Shuttle Schedule
Palace Station to Airport
Airport to Palace Station

6:00 am
6:30 am

7:00 am
7:30 am

8:00 am
8:30 am

9:00 am
9:30 am

10:30 am
11:00 am

12:00 pm
12:30 pm

2:00 pm
2:30 pm

3:30 pm
4:00 pm

5:00 pm
5:30 pm

7:00 pm
7:30pm

8:30 pm
9:00 pm

10:00 pm
10:30 pm

11:30 pm
12:00 am

Airport pick up at level zero between stalls 21-23.
The shuttle is a courtesy service to our Hotel Guests and Boarding Pass Members only. delays may result due to circumstances beyond our control such as weather, mechanical, traffic, etc.

Shuttle Service
Las Vegas Strip Shuttle Schedule
Departing Palace to Fashion Show Mall
Departing Fashion Show Mall to Palace

10:00 am
10:15 am

11:30 am
11:45 am

1:30 pm
1:45 pm

3:00 pm
3:15 pm

4:30 pm
4:45 pm

6:00 pm
6:15 pm

8:00 pm
8:15 pm

9:30 pm
9:45 pm

11:00 pm
11:15 pm

Fashion Show Mall pick up just outside Maggianos Restaurant on Fashion Show Drive.

The shuttle is a courtesy service to our Hotel Guests and Boarding Pass Members only. delays may result due to circumstances beyond our control such as weather, mechanical, traffic, etc.

Re: ALL IN CAMP TO ADD MARK SCHWAB! [Re: ALL-IN-CAMP] #171175 06/19/10 09:21 PM
A
ALL-IN-CAMP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What a great response to the All-In Wrestling Camp. This camp is going to showcase some outstanding talent and I for one know that there will be multiple wrestlers offered scholarships!!!

There have been some question’s regarding the logistics of the camp so I am providing an Itinerary for all of you who have registered and for those who are going to be registering.

All-In Wrestling Camp - Itinerary

Registration Itinerary for June 28th & June 29th

· Monday June 28th - Registration

o 2:00 – 8:00 pm

o Wrestling Conference Room

· Tuesday June 29th - Registration

o 8:00 – 9:00 am

o Wrestling Conference Room

· T-shirts will be handed out at Registration and worn at 1st wrestling practice session.

Daily Itinerary for June 29. June 30 & July 1

· 7:00 – 8:00 am

o Breakfast

· 9:00 – 11:30 am

o Technique Session w/Live Wrestling

· 12:00 – 1:00 pm

o Lunch

· 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.

· 5:00 – 6:00 pm

o Dinner

· 7:00 – 9:30 pm

o

The coaches that will be evaluating your talent at this camp are as follows:

DI – ASU-Head Coach - Shawn Charles / UNI - Head Assistant Coach – Mark Schwab

DII - Gannon University- Head Coach – Don Henry

DIII - Loras College Head Coach – Randy Steward

NAIA - Waldorf College Head Coach – Tyler Brandt

JUCO - Labette Community College Head Coach – Joe Renfro

To register for the All-In Wrestling Camp contact Coach Brandt at 480-388-6984 to reserve your spot. You can view the brochure at www.americacrownwrestling.com

Thank You

Tyler Brandt

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 170 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,933
Posts250,364
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)