Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FARGO COVERAGE #171525 07/15/10 12:31 PM
moeder Offline OP
OP Offline
This was posted on the USA Wrestling Nation Forum. Is anyone that is going to Fargo able/willing to do this?

Fans, Family and even wrestlers have the opportunity to provide Live - web radio broadcasts of matches, interviews or other events at Fargo next week.

We have set up a streaming radio server with multiple dedicated telephone call-in lines as well as a softphone (SIP/VOIP) call in capability. Reporters can call-in their live play-by-play via their cell or softphone while fans at home listen on a variety of compatible media players.

There will be no cost or obligation to either reporters or fans, however, anyone who wants to obtain a call in number and provide live reports from Fargo will have to register.

No registration will be required to listen on our web site.

How's it Work?

Basically the streaming radio server (similar to Pandora) provides individual channels for each phone or softphone line. Behind the scenes a telephone call center provides hooks to redirect individual calls to the streaming radio server.

The radio channel is on around the clock - so you can call your number as often as you want. (System maintenance is performed at 4am EST) If you have Twitter or Facebook on your phone you can tweet your fans when you are about to go on air - or just surprise them. Your audience can turn on the radio player or multiple players (details to follow) and leave them on throughout the day - so whenever you are on the air they will hear you talk. The telephone backend operates as a conference call-in center - so each conference room can support multiple reporters. In other words, either a team of fans can share a line and provide commentary on matches collectively or individual reporters can have their own dedicated conference room and radio channel.

Anyone interested in being a reporter at Fargo can request a phone or softphone number. The phone numbers are in the 609 area code so hopefully you have a good cell phone plan.

How do Fans at home listen?

In order to listen to a reporter you simply have to know his or her name - or handle. For Fargo we will pre-assign as many reporter handles as needed - or participants can request a specific name.

There are numerous ways to listen to live radio web casts, including on our web site (http://www.itsyourscoop.com), via an embedded mp3 player (or players) on Facebook or by using a web radio player such as the CastCatcher App on the iPhone.

In addition, we have set up a second web page on our radio server just for Fargo - to consolidate all the reporters in one place- the web page is located at: http://71.245.120.109/forum/fargo-live.html

Visit the site ahead of time to see what it will look like - we will include as many players as we have reporters. You can use this page to verify that your browser has the correct flash player installed. We have added three radio channels which are currently streaming music which you can use to test your players.

We will change the reporter names on the page as requested by registered reporters.

Available Softphones?

We have tested the system with a number of softphone Apps on the iPhone and expect that others are available for android or other smart phones. The Bria App on the iPhone works on both the 3G and wi-fi networks. Obviously, in the Fargo Dome wi-fi will be an issue. Anyone wishing to use the softphone option should send us a note and we will forward details on how to configure the Bria to connect with our phone server. Reporters can request both a phone number and a softphone number in case they want to go on the air in their hotel rooms. The Bria is also available as a desktop softphone on your PC or Mac - it can be downloaded at http://www.counterpath.com. The call quality is quite good.

Cell phone coverage may also be an issue but in previous years we were able to make calls from within the Dome - so give it a try.

Reporters are under no obligation to be on the air a minimum or maximum amount of time. They decide what their schedule will be. We provide an event calendar on our web page where reporters can post the days/sessions they will be on air - but doing so is optional.

On our web site - http://www.itsyourscoop.com we provide fairly complete details on how to use the system including video tutorials on key features. Of particular note - we show how you or your fans can embed a web radio player (or players) on a Facebook page - which enables you to restrict your audience to Family and friends. (Reporters will have to request a private phone number if they want their live program to truly be private beyond Facebook.) Hopefully, for Fargo everyone will want to share the information. We also can embed a reporters individual UStream page on our web site if they have one - fans can watch UStream and listen to web radio at the same time.

Sorry for the length of the post - but we wanted to provide enough detail so someone thinking about being a reporter covering Fargo will understand what is involved.

Herb Taylor
hhtaylorhhtaylor
Bronze Member

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: moeder] #171537 07/15/10 10:20 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Don't know if Heather Guillen, Bryant's mama, follows this forum, but she is the one that setup the live streaming video at Cadet duals. She's a smart cookie when it comes to that stuff, so she is probably your best bet.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: doug747] #171539 07/16/10 01:38 AM
Paratroop Offline
Is anybody still able to update us on this forum? I doubt my boss will let me sit around watching a live stream of Fargo, but I've always been able to sneak some peaks of usawks.com on the old blackberry!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: FARGO COVERAGE LIVE STREAMING [Re: doug747] #171543 07/16/10 03:24 AM
firehawk88 Offline
Heather is planning on streamimg live as long as she has a connection. It will be the same address as last time just setup as Fargo Nationals for the title. She does have the ability to record and save the matches on the site if you want. But she will only do that for parents that text her and request it. She is wanting to avoid scouting of your kids. She is trying to set up a password protection now for Team Kansas parents, relatives or coaches. She is still testing this though.

Larry Woltje
Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: Paratroop] #171544 07/16/10 05:52 AM
firehawk88 Offline
The live streams that Heather does you should be able to follow on facebook and twitter on the discussion board on the live stream. As people watch the video. Maybe this will help.

Larry Woltje
Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: firehawk88] #171546 07/16/10 11:51 AM
G
GT Williams Offline
G
If Randy Hinderliter is going, and I will assume he is, he covers as best as one person can, the action in the dome. He is on the center pedestal with a laptop and internet access.

Tom Williams

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: firehawk88] #171547 07/16/10 01:35 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
To save me from going thru the 80 pages of Cadet duals posts that I made, could you post that link to the livestream?

Thanks
Doug

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: doug747] #171549 07/16/10 04:22 PM
S
smurf Offline
S
I remembered the page number (45) because I forgot to bookmark it the last time....

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Kansas-cadet-duals-at-Rochester-mn

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: doug747] #171551 07/16/10 05:08 PM
H
hguillen Offline
H
Hi Doug. I got it all set up. I will be live streaming and I have live chat room set up beside it on twitter, FB and ustream chat. So people can chat live while streaming. It will also send notices when it is streaming live if you are a member. I am going to try to record the matches so parents that are not available during the day can watch when they get home. So I have password protected it this time. So we don't have everyone checking out our kids while they are still competing. They have a fee for their internet use they thought it would be 70.00-80.00 for the week. I didn't reregister the url is the same as duals in rochester to make it easier for past viewers. Message me or text me 785.250.7663 for the password. I will also need the kids name and weight class so I can follow the kids with parents wanting to watch.

Here are a few quick links:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kansas-cadet-duals-at-rochester-mn/v3

twitter: hguillenwoltje
FB: Heather Guillen-Woltje

or they can search Team Kansas @ Fargo Nationals on ustream.com

Hope everyone enjoys.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: hguillen] #171553 07/16/10 05:12 PM
H
hguillen Offline
H
Oh I about forgot I will use a smaller resolution camera they have a bandwidth restriction. So you should be able click and view matches from you blackberry or and media phones.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: hguillen] #171554 07/16/10 05:12 PM
Cokeley Offline
I will pay the fee if I can get all of Ryne's matches on tape. When I tape them I get a lot of great shots of the floor and rafters!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: Cokeley] #171556 07/16/10 07:30 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
And the hot moms that walk by..............

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: Cokeley] #171558 07/16/10 10:25 PM
H
hguillen Offline
H
Let me know when he is like up in 5 matches and I'll tape them for you.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: hguillen] #171560 07/17/10 02:13 AM
usawks1 Offline
... yes, I am here! As always, will be covering as much as I can but my technology is a bit on the antique side!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: usawks1] #171561 07/17/10 04:19 PM
Nick's Dad Offline
Thanks Heather and Randy. I have to work and will be checking the forum often.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: Nick's Dad] #171607 07/18/10 09:17 PM
Nick's Dad Offline
Girls were told they can not live stream the video. Will post videos after the fact on facebook. very much limited as they will only let the girls use one camera.

Re: FARGO COVERAGE [Re: Nick's Dad] #171801 07/22/10 02:22 AM
P
proudwrestlingparents Offline
P
Just wanted to say "Thanks" very much for all of the dedication from all of the Coaches and Staff. Also special "Thanks" to Heather for making it possible for us to watch our wrestlers from back home and special thanks to Randy and Chief for all of the updates. This was my son's first trip to Fargo and it was a great experience. Team Kansas has a great group of tough wrestlers, they all did awesome. Thanks again Coaches and Staff.

~The Puckett's~

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,933
Posts250,364
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)