Kansas Wrestling

kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place

Posted By: twisted sister

kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 01:38 AM

Does any one know the condition of the kid taken out on a back board and stretcher? It did not look good from what I could see. Could we get some updates?
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 02:41 AM

I am going to answer this because I know is parents are at home taking care of him and only concerned about that. Andrew Denning. 12 u 110 lbs. He was taken to the hospital and initially had no feeling in his right side of his body and the ref said he went unresponsive when he called it. He went through x-rays and CAT scans. He got feeling back and was found to have a concussion and a "stinger." He got his plaque lying in the ER room with a neck brace on and a big smile. He was released and is now as we speak being treated like a king! Was a tough bracket and any of those kids could beat each other on any given day!

PS. Thank you for asking. We are all really one big wrestling family!
Posted By: Allie

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 03:12 AM

I'm glad to hear he is okay. I saw this happen down at the North end of the arena - Never saw much movement out of him before they took him off on the stretcher. It must have been a very scary ordeal for everyone involved. Prayers going out for his speedy recovery.
Posted By: Haralson44

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 07:02 AM

Get well Andrew hope to see you at school soon.
Posted By: Ginny Wagh

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 12:53 PM

Andrew, Cris and Darin,

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you! It is hard to hear about anyone getting injured, but it is harder to hear when you know the wrestler. Please keep us updated on his recovery, being out of state, we don't hear about things as often. Take care!

The Wagh Family
Posted By: sweetpeas mom

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 08:03 PM

That is such a scary thing to have happen and my family sends their prayers to his family!

Butlers of Manhattan Optimist!
Posted By: DDenning

Re: kid taken out on stretcher 12 under 5&6 place - 03/31/08 09:28 PM

Andrew is doing fine. It was a stinger to the neck and a concussion. Hopefully will be back at it within a week or so. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Darin, Cris and Andrew
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums