Kansas Wrestling

Big Horn Nationals

Posted By: Hossus

Big Horn Nationals - 09/10/09 10:42 PM

Wondered if anyone else was interested in going to this or had +/- past experiences with this meet. Thanks, Troy

http://www.bighornnationalswrestling.com/main.html
Posted By: wrestlecar1

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/13/09 01:49 AM

We are also interested in this tournament and would like information. Is the competition at the same level as liberty?
Posted By: bockman

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/18/09 01:53 AM

im pretty sure kansas young guns will be taking a couple quality kids.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/18/09 02:02 AM

We are planning to attend. A couple kids from our club went last year probably not as tough as Liberty but close.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/18/09 02:25 AM

would they let all the kansas kids wrestle under team kansas. that would be good if they would let us do that.
Posted By: Namwen

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/18/09 10:55 AM

Hossus,

You should take my kid with you!

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/19/09 12:34 AM

well maybe we can work something out. I would hope that maybe we have quite a few kansas kids show up. I know there are a few kids out west that will be going. Maybe you can call me or Pm me and we can talk about it.
Posted By: Hossus

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/19/09 03:09 AM

If I could afford it, I would take the whole team. Trying to scrounge up a place to stay now.
Posted By: Namwen

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/20/09 01:44 AM

Let me know!...
I dont think the whole team would be intrested in going only the few that will make the treck to bigger tourneys would go. If ya need another coach to go let me know. Maybe we can get something worked out!

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/21/09 01:35 AM

Just made hotel reservations and making plans to attend let me know if a team ks develops
Posted By: lateral drop

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/21/09 10:15 PM

some spidermonkeys from sek may attend........

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/22/09 01:34 AM

Ok do we have anyone that knows if we can all wrestle under team kansas or not. If so we would then need someone to step up and take charge of this thing. Im not sure I am a good choice in that as I have 5 kids playing competative sports now and I am always busy but I would be interested in helping coach the kids once we get there.
Posted By: Mike Dipman

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/22/09 01:32 PM

count my son in if you guys get a team kansas going!
Posted By: kitch

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/22/09 06:59 PM

i went last year and took 3 kids from salina. my 2 sons and another boy. we came home with a champion and a runner up in the open division and a runner up in the rookie division. Competition was not quite as good as liberty participation #'s are less but the kids had a blast and the facilities are very nice. Costs are a bit high as far as entries go and admission along iwth the usual $25 floor pass but the kids enjoyed it and we will go again. i would be willing to help out if anyone wants to send or bring kids out as team KS cause were going anyway.

thanks, Kitch
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 02:28 AM

Will we need to purchase our kids and coaches cards prior to the tournament?

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 02:34 AM

How many coaches from Kansas are for sure going. Also does anyone know if they will let us all wrestle under team kansas. If not our club is going under The Kansas Young Guns if they will let everyone sign up under that. Im not sure so if anyone knows let everyone else know. I may be going by myself as that will be the weekend of the bowl games for footbal.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 02:39 AM

Pratt will have a couple coaches going.

Do you know about the coaches cards and wrestling cards....do we need them for this tournament? I've never been to a tournament outside of KS.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 04:01 AM

I think it says on the flier. I will check into that.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 04:03 AM

it says no cards needed but coaches have to pay 25 bucks for a floor pass.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 04:07 AM

anyone interested in getting rooms and maybe carpooling. I live in Wichita. Could meet some of you out west or I do have a suburban that fits 8 if my wife doesnt take it to KC for my daughters soccer tournament. I would be willing to share a room with someone who does not fart or snore lol to help keep down costs. its going to be a long expensive season for alot of us.

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 02:13 PM

I guess I could have read a little more...Thank you.
Posted By: allaroundwrestli

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/25/09 02:39 PM

Bockover check pm

Re: Big Horn Nationals - 09/26/09 01:41 AM

At least one wrestler and coach will be attending from the Greatbend club. We are first timers.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums