Kansas Wrestling

Which will be tougher?

Posted By: Namwen

Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 01:38 AM

Which will be the tougher tournament? Haysville or Hutchinson?? Trying to settle an argument... THANKS!!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 03:00 AM

They will both be tough....depends on what age and weight...
Posted By: BLT

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 04:10 AM

Ok
Please understand I'm a little partial but...

We are hoping that with the fact we are offering RINGS to the championship bracket winners and with how well our tournament has ran over the last few years we will draw a HUGE crowd. Having over 600 kids last year and everyone cleaned up and walking out the door by 5pm is a very nice thing also.

Hutch is a big tournament. They will draw some big numbers. We hope that with the ring on the line we will draw some state championship style brackets.

They will both have good hard competition style brackets.
But I think we will continue to draw the same higher caliber wrestlers for our tournament.

We know it will be a great day of wrestling ALL OVER THE STATE.
No matter where you go you better bring your A game.

Good Luck Everyone that Weekend but I sure do hope to see you in Haysville. LOL
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 03:42 PM

VERY WELL PUT BEESON AND BLT!!!

THIS IS KANSAS AND WRESLTING IS TOUGH ALL OVER THIS GREAT STATE.

END OF STORY!
Posted By: elid2

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 04:08 PM

I think Haysville will be a bit tougher due to the fact that the brackets should be bigger. We use to go to Hutch but don't really like the fact that they may have 3-4 "power" brackets of the same age/weight. Add the fact of the ring I think the kids at Haysville will be going very hard. I know kids stepped it up at Maize last year! Plus Haysville ran a pretty good tourny last year!
Posted By: highcrotch

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 06:47 PM

I wont comment on which is tougher based on bracket size...

LEASON LEARNED!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE KIDS AND TOURNAMENT THAT WEEKEND!!
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: elid2
I think Haysville will be a bit tougher due to the fact that the brackets should be bigger. We use to go to Hutch but don't really like the fact that they may have 3-4 "power" brackets of the same age/weight. Add the fact of the ring I think the kids at Haysville will be going very hard. I know kids stepped it up at Maize last year! Plus Haysville ran a pretty good tourny last year!

Bigger is not always better, it is just bigger.
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ReDPloyd
Originally Posted By: elid2

Bigger is not always better, it is just bigger.

LOL
Posted By: CWB

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 07:58 PM

It is all in how you look at it. Bigger can be better.The more time on the mat the better.Even if you top dog,you still get many many times more moves in.So some times them long days are good.
Now for the newer kids,it is all dif.
Posted By: BLT

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 08:42 PM

Well it isn't just about the size of the bracket its the people in it .
You can roll thru a SIXTEEN man bracket and only get one or two tough matches. With a shot at a ring or belt it should only be A and B wrestlers so with a bracket like that it could feel more like a meat grinder then anything else. lol
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 08:57 PM

Very true. My oldest had a 13 man bracket at Salina with 4 state champions in it. Then I saw 32 man brackets with less creedentials. We also manages 6 matches Saturday out of a 13 man bracket.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/02/10 10:41 PM

I am not sure that you guys are helping me out. As far as someone very close to me is concerned, bigger is not always better.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: Which will be tougher? - 02/03/10 03:51 PM

I am sure there will be tough brackets in each one. Each of them has there good and bad points.

Hutch is taylored (due the amount of enteries) for kids to face brackets according to their skill level. There will be mulitple b,c,d, and even E bracket in heavily loaded ages and weights.

Hutch also uses the scoreboards for all matts like at Salina and at state which in some aspects is a plus to know what time is left and being able to see the score from the stands.

Hutch usually runs very smooth as well as Haysville.

The full circle for finals is a great concept and very exciting for the younger kids to have a full matt.

Like stated before it just depends on what age and weight and who shows up which one will be tougher.

Both seem to be well ran, so it really is up to location and skill level that yo want to wrestle.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums