Kansas Wrestling

Sub Brackets

Posted By: Tom Richard

Sub Brackets - 03/06/11 11:25 PM

Brackets available at 6pm tonight.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/06/11 11:50 PM

Just curious why District 1 and 4 have not released Brackets yet?
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:02 AM

I would assume D4 hasn't released theirs because we didn't know what the State was going to do with the Oklahoma kids. Purely speculation on my part.
Posted By: hotrodder54

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:02 AM

we like to build up suspence. When did spell check quit working on here?

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:19 AM

Not to offend, that means I probably will, but wasnt District 1 the District that wanted everything done the same way in every District. Brackets can be manipulated if one District knows where everyone else is going. I think the brackets should have all been released at the same time. If one or more Districts were not ready then the other two should have waited until everyone was ready.
Posted By: 890

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:35 AM

I agree Beeson all Brackets should have been released at the same time. Just when will those brackets be released?
Posted By: allaroundwrestli

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:49 AM

Distric 1 was released at the same time, you just have to go under groups instead of brackets and all names and weights are there. Good Luck to everyone.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:50 AM

Thanks James!
Posted By: ctpmama

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:52 AM

You can see the names and a few of the seeds, but you cant see the brackets. Wonder when those will be available??

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:53 AM

I can see it for the Pittsburg Sub...but not the others. Even when I go under groups.
Posted By: allaroundwrestli

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:54 AM

My fault, same thing here and say's deadline is for 11:59. Sorry.
Posted By: JACD_Moison

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:55 AM

Groups listing doesn't work either, click on "Bracket" and you get "This information is not being released to the public yet." We know who is wrestling, this topic is about the brackets.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:56 AM

No Problem...I can not see the Pitt sub now...
Posted By: Bruiser

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 12:56 AM

In addition to that...when I look at District 4 South I get the District 1 South Pittsburg entries. Is it just me or does anyone else do the same.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:03 AM

Hey if brackets aren't posted can I still change my kids weight? And who do I call?
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:04 AM

It must be just you, cause I dont, I get district 4 Dodge City.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:04 AM

District 1 looks great, we're the last ones to get our brackets up...

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:06 AM

I smell Consperisy? But I can't spell conspericy, Something smells fishy....

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:09 AM

Maybe they should have tried gotomeeting.com - then they could have clicked "SUBMIT" at the same time - I love technology :-)

Best of luck to everyone!
Posted By: Spexy

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:13 AM

D1 bucking the system again....lol.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Bruiser
In addition to that...when I look at District 4 South I get the District 1 South Pittsburg entries. Is it just me or does anyone else do the same.

Its doing the same for me....pitt for the D4.
Posted By: Mark J Stanley

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:18 AM

D1 is up...long seeding meeting, drive home and dinner. Changes from seeding meeting seemed to be a lot higher this year. Not sure if that is tied to making the entries public before the seeding meetings or not...

No conspiracy here...read a book about the government if you want one of those smile
Posted By: Spexy

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:19 AM

I'm getting all ..but...D1...still says not released...
Posted By: bcrooksmom

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:20 AM

ok so i checked at 7 and my son was the top of two in his seed now he is the bottom of 2 i am so confused this is in district one
Posted By: Hovisdad

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:33 AM

did anyone do anything special to see D4 south? we still get D1 south.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:35 AM

Hovisdad

???? not sure on this one. I just looked at D4S and saw D4S (Dodge City) entries.
Posted By: P Finch

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:36 AM

if you are using the link on the state championship page it sends you to D1 - Pittsburgh. If you logon to track and go to DC you get the correct sub-district.

Paul Finch

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:40 AM

bcrooksmom

I am not sure what you saw at 7pm and I worked on the D1N only. But, I know Joe Knecht was at a baseball meeting until after 7pm and he did not have the brackets complete until 8pm. Regardless of what you saw...top of 2 and bottom of 2 are in the same quarter of an eight man bracket. You would essentially be in the same spot in the eight man bracket...so the integrity of the bracket is the same either way.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 01:44 AM

this is our first year at subs and i dont really understand seeding that is why i was asking what do you mean the same quarter of the bracket sorry just trying to understand sense i know we will be doing this for many more years

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 02:09 AM

In an eight man bracket you have four first round matches. Each match represents a quarter of the bracket....top of one (1st seed) vs bottom of one (8th seed), top of two (5th seed) vs bottom of two (4th seed), top of three (3rd seed) vs bottom of three (6th seed), and top of 4 (7th seed) vs bottom of 4 (2nd seed).
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 02:11 AM

Quote:
if you are using the link on the state championship page it sends you to D1 - Pittsburgh. If you logon to track and go to DC you get the correct sub-district.

This has been fixed. Thanks to Jim Lund for calling it to my attention.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 02:27 AM

thanks i understand a bit better now
Posted By: mel

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:01 AM

laugh where are you finding the brackets?
Posted By: KMac

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:06 AM

Go to this link: http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/Login.jsp

Choose your State (KS) and click "GO" at the top.

Choose the Sub you are looking for by clicking on it and then click "Enter Tournament".

Once in the tournament, click on "Brackets" on the left.

Now find the Age and Weight that you want, click on it, then click on "View Bracket" and it will display for you.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:10 AM

Or click on State Champ tab on the left of the main screen (this site). It will take you right to the 2011 series.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:12 AM

Are you trying to make me look bad Tracy?

Are you with Buhler or Hutch because I may boycott your tournament now?
Posted By: mel

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:17 AM

thank you sooo much
Posted By: shamu304

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:19 AM

Dist 1 south...Brackets make no sense....8 and U 95 anyway...The bottom wrestlers per Track..get a bye...the top 2 are in the same to face in 2nd round...the 2 lowest rated 1st match will be going for 1st or 2nd match Does that make sense...someone explain to me...

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: KMac
Are you trying to make me look bad Tracy?

Are you with Buhler or Hutch because I may boycott your tournament now?

Anything to piss people off!!!....lol

I am starting a new Club called Team IamnotwiththeHutchinsoncluborTeam2sweet Wrestling Club

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:25 AM

You may have to specialize in HWT's to fit that club name on your singlet.....and you still may need to abbreviate.

I'll see you and Clayton in Topeka.

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:26 AM

Shamu304

Not sure what you are looking at...8/95 in D1S is five men in an eight man bracket. The bracket was fully seeded; buys went to one, two and three seeds?????

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:47 AM

then what does the rating on track-wrestling mean then??? per that the the brackets doesn't make sense... The 2 wrestler that are rated in the upper 50% get a Bye... new to sport trying to understand and learn...

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 03:58 AM

District 1 had a seeding meeting today in Wellsville at Noon. All of the clubs were invited and most attended. I was not in the D1S meeting as I am from D1N, but at this meeting the wrestlers were seeded according to their body of work compared to the others in the bracket. A lot of times the seeding comes down to head-to-head matches between the wrestlers involved. The bracket is built per those seeds...not what you see in trackwrestling which is not a complete representation of each wrestlers body of work, but only includes those tournaments that the wrestlers attended that were managed by trackwrestlng (you can correct me if I am wrong but I believe these are the winning percentages you are referring to).

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 04:11 AM

Shamu304 - check this out: http://www.wvmat.com/brackets/brackets.htm

About halfway down the page you will see the seeding explanation

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 04:20 AM

Also, the track wrestling percentage is based off of their overall record with tournaments that utilized TRACK WRESTLING ONLY, not the tournaments like Kansas Classic in Hays or many of the "SMALLER" or "BIG" ones. That is an overall rating based on what percentage your wrestler is nationwide on TRACK WRESTLING - the higher their percentage is, the better they are supposedly in a nationwide ranking. Hope this helps

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 04:25 AM

the percentage is for the top percentage...

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 04:34 AM

If they are in the top 2%, then you prolly wouldn't want your kid wrestling them. I meant the "higher" as in upper or top being the top of the number model as in 1 being highest - sorry for any confusion

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: KMac
You may have to specialize in HWT's to fit that club name on your singlet.....and you still may need to abbreviate.

I'll see you and Clayton in Topeka.

Stay healthy through subs and Districts!
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Sub Brackets - 03/07/11 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: shamu304
then what does the rating on track-wrestling mean then??? per that the the brackets doesn't make sense... The 2 wrestler that are rated in the upper 50% get a Bye... new to sport trying to understand and learn...

Don't trust the trackwrestling rating. Sometimes stuff get skewed because they were entered wrong or not everything is complete. Also the rating doesn't have anything to do with where a kid is in a bracket. For that matter, don't always trust the seeds in a bracket. Everyone does the best they can, but there are always "bracket breakers" who nobody spoke up about for one reason or another. A couple times, I spoke up for kids who I knew were good wrestlers but had nobody there to represent them. At the national level seeds are for the most part an educated guess. Just as they are at the local level. Good luck!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums